neilfelias's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

I want a LOCAL GUIDE Tshirt please

I'm LEVEL 5 now and I think having a Tshirt will help me contribute more, being a "Certified Google Local Guide". The owner of a place or establishment will at least have a trust on me once they see my Tshirt. 🙂

9 comments
Level 7

Re: I want a LOCAL GUIDE Tshirt please

As far as I'm aware at this stage there isn't any official local guide merchandise. If anyone knows otherwise, I would love to check it out!

Connect Moderator

Hello @neilfelias

Local Guides T-shirt program ended in 2015 and this is a volanteer base program. Please find more information in this answer by community moderator @TraciC

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/T-Shirt/m-p/5122#M131

We are local guides and Google maps not providing us any certificate.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Hi @neilfelias a t-shirt is not an identity. If any places doubt what you are doing you you can show them the "contributions" page in the Maps App. 

From time to time you can buy a Local Guides shirt in the Google Store but you may not use it to represent yourself as having any kind of authority representing Google as this is against the rules.

Some people think they have a duty to photograph every place or enter every place, I would recommend that you only do so for places you've visited and experienced.

Regards Paul

Level 7
Level 7

well this is not true i'm living in Saudi Arabia and i think everyone know about local rules about Kingdom is very strike. i'm on level 6 but i never ever try to say to anyone that i'm from google or like that work voluntary gives you a very great feeling what we doing is only for community for our people one day one children can get benefit from this effort.

so in my point of view i can say proud to be a part of local guide it's enough.

Level 6

I want to Local guide T shairt.i'm now Level 5.so please give me T shart please

Level 7
Level 7

Local Guides T-shirt program ended in 2015 and this is a volanteer base program. Please find more information in this answer by community moderator @TraciC

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/T-Shirt/m-p/5122#M131

We are local guides and Google maps not providing us any certificate.

Connect Moderator

Hi @TMI

Your reply is right, but I want to remind you that in Connect we are very respectful of "authors right". 

We post "original content" (made by us) or, if we need to use contents made by others, we thank an mention them, so, thank you @NareshDarji

Level 7
Level 7

@ermest ok sir I'll keep in mind thak you for your guidance

And also thanks to @NareshDarji

Level 8

THANK YOU BUT I DID'T GET T SHIRT 

@neilfelias wrote:

I'm LEVEL 5 now and I think having a Tshirt will help me contribute more, being a "Certified Google Local Guide". The owner of a place or establishment will at least have a trust on me once they see my Tshirt. 🙂

srikanth Adusumilli