AllanNShweky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Google Map Lists

And to really make Lists soar enable users to customize their own lists with various icons and colors. The same color and icon for all customized lists are not useful when multiple lists are shown on a map. Surprised that Google missed this.

Brooklyn, NY, United States
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Map Lists

@AllanNShweky Hi!!!

Its a good thought and I like your idea. Its will be great if verified business can customize their Icon or Colors. It will be amazing!!

Local Guides keep idea sharing!!

Happy Guiding!!!

Connect Moderator

@AllanNShweky Hi

Google already announced their update where your thought slightly reflected..

Read this.  https://www.blog.google/products/maps/google-maps-gets-new-look/

Happy Guiding!!!

Level 7

Thanks @ShafiulB...and it is a great feature. But that feature was only made for google-generated icons and colors. I am looking for more control by users on their own customized lists in My Places. It is done in mymap creation with a large palette of icon and colors to identify location groups/lists.  The icon should speak for itself instead of reaching for the description in the List window.

ShafiulB wrote:

@AllanNShweky Hi

Google already announced their update where your thought slightly reflected..

Read this.  https://www.blog.google/products/maps/google-maps-gets-new-look/

Happy Guiding!!!

Connect Moderator

@AllanNShweky Hope we will get like this update sooner where we may see 100% your thoughts Reflected.

Keep ideas sharing...

Happy Guiding!! 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion @AllanNShweky!

This has already been shared, don't worry 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.