RivaniRahmadani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: what building is the symbol of your city?

@Sorbe very interesting, to this day I have never seen such a castle in person, and the photos you took made me have dreams one day I could visit and see the castle directly and capture it in a picture, and maybe I would pose a little in front of the castl then shout "hurray I'm here right now ..." (LOL) 😂😂

Rivani Rahmadani
Level 8

@ErmesT

is the river the symbol of the city where you live? Is there a photo that tells what activities are around the river?

Rivani Rahmadani
Level 8

Bls: what building is the symbol of your city?

Halo kak @ElyasD , terimakasih sebelumnya, bisakah kamu sedikit berbagi cerita tentang landmark di kota tempat tinggalmu disertai foto di postingan ini kak? 

Rivani Rahmadani
Connect Moderator

This is a cool thread @RivaniRahmadani

I am from vanglaBang and my city is Dhaka. The building that symbolises my city is the National Parliament House.  This marvel of architecture was designed by famous architect Louise Kahn. As per Wikipedia, this is known to be the largest legislative complex in the world, comprising 200 acres of land. Sangsad Bhavan aka The National Parliament HouseSangsad Bhavan aka The National Parliament House

Level 8

wouww .... @SoniaK is this really the largest legislative complex in the world which consists of 200 hectares of land ?! 

it's very broad and amazing, wider than a football field in my town , will definitely be very tired around the building 😅

Rivani Rahmadani
Connect Moderator

I think it is @RivaniRahmadani. Not 200 hector but acres. (No idea about the units though)

But yes, the land is pretty huge. You can see YouTube or other websites to learn more about this beauty. And this building is just a 10 minutes drive from my house. I took that photo on my way home. You will see a lot of top view photos also online. 

Level 7

回應: what building is the symbol of your city?

Taipei101曾經是全世界最高的建築物,連續好幾次跨年都有施放煙火,吸引許多人來此參觀,雖然現在101已經不是最高樓的紀錄保持者,但是他獨特的設計仍充滿濃濃的中國風,每個夜晚都綻放迷人的光彩,只要看到101的閃爍燈光,無論在哪裡,我都知道回家的方向

Taipei  101Taipei 101

2017 / 12 / 312017 / 12 / 31

Level 8

Nice post @RivaniRahmadani 

Previously Dharahara (Dharahara, also called Bhimsen Tower, was a nine-storey, 61.88-metre-tall tower at the center of Sundhara in Kathmandu. It was built in 1832 by Mukhtiyar Bhimsen Thapa under the commission of Queen Lalit Tripura Sundari and was a part of the architecture of Kathmandu recognized by UNESCO) but we lost it after the earthquake. 

DharaharaDharahara

So, Now its Ghantaghar (he GhantaGhar is the first public tower clock in Nepal, situated at the heart of the capital city of Kathmandu. It lies in front of Rani Pokhari. It was built by Rana Prime Minister Bir Shumsher.)

GhantagharGhantaghar

I am tagging @DavidTito @NareshDarji @Jesi and hope they will share something from their city too. 

Namaste,

Niraj

Level 10

Very interesting @RivaniRahmadani 

thanks for initiating such a good topic.   

I live in mumbai, and Mumbai's symbol is "Gateway of India". 

Gateway of India is a "symbolic monument" that represents the city of Mumbai. It is an arch monument built during British Raj from 1915 to 1924. The monument was erected to commemorate the landing of King George V and Queen Mary at Apollo Bunder on their visit to India in 1911. This monument is having a great significance in Indian History. The last British troops to leave India following the country's independence, the First Battalion of the Somerset Light Infantry, passed through the Gateway on their way out in a ceremony on February 28, 1948, signalling the end of British rule.

Together with Hotel Taj Palace and Taj Tower, it really looks awesome. 

I have made a detail post about Mumbai, I hope you will like this. 

Hello @AmbrishVarshney@AlejandraMaria @Justine2807 @TravellerG please check this topic

Level 8

@SoniaK

yes i was very interested in the building and i immediately looked for it on youtube and on google search, thanks for sharing information 😊

Rivani Rahmadani