ppsmrt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

what basis gifted for local guide

i had been wasted time ri8? even no reply from maps! Untitled.pngjust tell me whats the use of this much contributions i had done? if maps is giving gifts on basis of luck or any other thing i will just create 20+ local guide accounts with 20+ emails i have

@ppsmrt
Potheri, Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu, India
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: what basis gifted for local guide

Hello @ppsmrt,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Please note Local Guides is a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps. You can help others find the best spots in town, make new friends, and unlock exclusive benefits along the way.

Sometimes, there are perks available and it will vary from time to time and from region to region. It depends on who the Google partners are. There may also be special and/or early access to Google features. You can read more about it on this article Get recognized.

With contributions, we earn virtual badges in the Google Maps app. You can view your badges by going to Google Maps, menu, Your Contributions.

There are also contribution badges here in Connect that  you can earn when you participate more, which you can see by clicking on your profile picture on the upper right side here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @ppsmrt,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Please note Local Guides is a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps. You can help others find the best spots in town, make new friends, and unlock exclusive benefits along the way.

Sometimes, there are perks available and it will vary from time to time and from region to region. It depends on who the Google partners are. There may also be special and/or early access to Google features. You can read more about it on this article Get recognized.

With contributions, we earn virtual badges in the Google Maps app. You can view your badges by going to Google Maps, menu, Your Contributions.

There are also contribution badges here in Connect that  you can earn when you participate more, which you can see by clicking on your profile picture on the upper right side here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@ppsmrt just to add on. Every small contribution we do helps others who uses Maps in our community, and likewise. Contribute when you have free time when you can. 

Also, just need to point out that having more than 1 Local Guides account is not permitted per person. Just contribute from your single main account.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/rules

Google Moderator

Thank you for the additional information @StephenAbraham

Level 6

respected sir,,

you`d replied my post but not gave me answer i asked why didn`t i receive any gift/perks/discounts/offers even after much contribution but my friend at level 4 got two gifts? on what basis you send gifts

@ppsmrt
Level 6

please can you tell me how to apply for certificate on google local guide. I am in level 5

Former Google Contributor

Hi @aversbond,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I didn't quite understand the aim of your post. Would you please add some details to it? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 6

I am in level 5 when i reached level 6 then google provide me w certified . So, i want to know that how can i get the certificate? 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @aversbond,

Thanks for clarifying your question. 

The email that you receive with your achievements is an automated email. Please allow at least 48 hours for the system to be synchronized.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 6

ok thanks a lot...