maxwellfundi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

starting a local guide community

I am such an enthusiastic local guide and have been mapping for a while now. I live in western Kenya around Maseno and I would like to have a community of local guides around here, 

Its tough for me to bring youths together here because they actually are not very interested in technology because they have other pressing issues especially feeding for themselves and getting daily bread. 

I wonder if there is anyone who also has ever encountered this kind of challenge and how did you address it?

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: starting a local guide community

Hello @maxwellfundi,

I think it's great that you want to meet more Local Guides from your country, and I'm sure there are others from western Kenya out there who would like to meet up.

If you wish to host a meet-up and attract fellow Local Guide, I urge you to go the Meet-ups page. Here you will be able to join other meet-ups or host your own.

Since you're new to the Connect, the first thing you can do is head over to our monthly Introduce Yourself topic, and say a few words about yourself. This is the easiest way to make yourself visible to the community, and get to know other Local Guides.

I wish you the best of luck with your future meet-ups, and have fun on Connect!  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Re: starting a local guide community

Many thanks. that helps.