Da_Chef's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

"Lil Sweets" -Local Guide - has 9 review

I really don't know who this person is "Lil Sweet" from a local guide, However, their comment is as follows"

"Food Great.  But unfortunately, the owner isn't very supportive of the local Businesses around him at his restaurant and is not a friendly neighbor"

This was posted 6 days ago..with regards to "Ricardo's Restaurant " in Taber.

First of all, my neighbors are a storage building for Pete's Harmony and the other is Pizza Hut , the  M.C.C. a Menonite store.

I have been in Taber since 1999 and have support our community for over 20 years...so I really don' t know where you get your information from.

As for Friendly, I'll let my Church and my friends determine that.  If you've never talked to me, then you never know me....

Taber, Alberta, Canada
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: "Lil Sweets" -Local Guide - has 9 review

Hello @Da_Chef,

It sounds like you may be related to, or the owner of "Ricardos Restaurant." If you did not know, you are able to take advantage of management of your business reviews via Google My Business. In this way you are welcome to respond to any reviews and sentiment you receive. Please visit the Google My Business Help Center to learn more about how you can manage your listings.

Secondly, any review on Google Maps must adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content Policy and reviews are only subject to removal if they demonstrate a clear level of spam, insincerity or harassment by the writer. Thank you for your note today!

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Solution

Hello @Da_Chef,

It sounds like you may be related to, or the owner of "Ricardos Restaurant." If you did not know, you are able to take advantage of management of your business reviews via Google My Business. In this way you are welcome to respond to any reviews and sentiment you receive. Please visit the Google My Business Help Center to learn more about how you can manage your listings.

Secondly, any review on Google Maps must adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content Policy and reviews are only subject to removal if they demonstrate a clear level of spam, insincerity or harassment by the writer. Thank you for your note today!

Level 5

you know what, I really don't care ok...I've been in the Food Industry for over 45 years and have seen it all.  From Neighbors bitching about parking to their friends posting nasty posts to threats.  But what I've found is that "Foodies" come and eat where the Good Food is and not what some "one-a-bee" posts.  So For all the Foodies that come to Ricardo's from Taber, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Brooks, and all the surrounding areas - Thank you.  Thank you for noticing what we do and not what they say.  For caring enough to know that "Ricardo's " does and has supported the Community, but is not interested and being recognized for it because that is not what it is about.  It's about doing and not saying.  We do it because we care. Plain and simple...So if you have an issue because we don't say hi when you come in or because you think the chef is mad or pissed off.  Then you really don't know the owners and know what they do to put out the food they do.  And if your the one that posted the "not friendly", well, last Friday I finally got into my dentist to have the tooth extracted that was bothering me., so sorry for not smiling when you come in.  But for all the ones who take the time to say hi as they leave and thank us for what we do.  Coming up in December we have something very, very special planed at Ricardo's..."God Bless the one and all for your love and support since 1999....oh, by the way, you can now post your response on facebook

Hello @Da_Chef - Thanks again for your note. One of the key items to note in Google Maps reviews is that spam operators cannot verify the authenticity of a review, whether positive or negative, based solely on the claims of the author or the restaurant owner itself. But off-topic reviews that have nothing to do with the establishment are subject to removal.

For example - if the review of the business is one-star and the comment only said something like "don't ever go here," that review would not be considered very helpful or worthy of remaining live on Google Maps. If you would like, feel free to share a link to the place on Google Maps and we can take a closer look. Please do not share any specific links that directly point to a persons Google Maps profile as we do aim to respect peoples privacy here on Connect.