Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
P0ffee Level 8
Level 8

"I haven't been here" not working

Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong location for this post. I've noticed under 'My Contributions' both in the Google Maps app on my Pixel 2XL and on Google.com/Maps > My Contributions on my desktop that if I mark a location as "I haven't been here" then leave My Contributions and go back in, that place shows up again, asking for a review. I've checked my timeline and confirmed the places do not show up there either so I'm not sure why I keep getting prompted to review these places.

One example is yesterday. I flew from Atlanta back home to Pittsburgh. My plane flew over the Appalachian Mountains so Google Maps wants me to review them (they rock? lol) even though I was 30,000 feet or so above them at the time and my phone was in airplane mode. I marked this as "I haven't been here" and also confirmed that this location doesn't show in my timeline either. When I go back into "My Contribution" it shows up again. Is this a known issue?
P0ffee, Pittsburgher for life
2 comments
P0ffee Level 8
Level 8

Re: "I haven't been here" not working

As an update, choosing 'Dismiss' instead of 'I haven't been here' seems to work to get places to not ask me to review them. Also oddly I'm randomly seeing places from 2+ years ago that I know I've never been to and probably just drove by, which I guess could also be attributed to the phone I had at the time being not so great.

P0ffee Level 8
Level 8

Re: "I haven't been here" not working

As an update today, when I went to 'My Contributions' it's showing all of my places, including places I've previously reviewed. When I click on the starts to submit a review, it shows the information that I previously entered for that location's review and allows me to resubmit it.