Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Google maps can't connect.

Samsung galaxy S9

Android version 8.0.0 

Map 9.84.1

My account is gmail.com

Yes I do have troubles making contributions like reviews or edits?

I can't find any place, or if I see place on the map, when I pick it, Can't connect pop up appear and can't see any information about this place.

Level 1

Same here:

Moto g6

Android 8.0.0

Maps 9.84.1

Gmail account

Level 10

Hi @elongoria

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @davidagnino@Nyroyalauto and @bhalleazy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I saw that you already did some manipulations, but please try to fix the error with these troubleshooting steps:

1. Sign Out of Google Maps.

2. Go to Settings on the mobile device > Select Apps > Swipe to All > Select Google Maps > click on Uninstall updates (if Google Maps is a pre-installed application) or uninstall the application if you've installed in from the Play Store.

3. Restart the mobile device.

4. Go to the Google Play Store > Look for Google Maps > install the updates (if Google Maps is a pre-installed application) or install the Google Maps application if it was originally installed from the Play Store.

5. Restart the mobile device > Launch Google Maps.

Keep in mind that your device may have run out of memory, and can't load the site while also running your apps, extensions, and programs, so please free up memory by following the steps below:

• Close every tab except for Google Maps.
  • Quit other apps or programs that are running, and pause any app or file downloads.
  • Uninstall unnecessary extensions from Chrome. At the top right, click More > More tools > Extensions. On extensions you don't use, click Remove.
  • Try reloading Google Maps.

Thank for your cooperation and I'm waiting for your responses!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hello, @KlaudiyaG

I followed all the steps you mentioned but still no luck. I still get the same problem. 

Connect Moderator

This has been escalated to the product team.  You can watch https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/EVBODJhJOQQ for updates.

They are aware of this thread and will be looking at it for examples, so there is no need to post in the thread to which I linked.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Former Google Contributor

Hello again @Nyroyalauto,

Thank you so much for the fast reply and for taking the time out of your daily schedule to follow the instructions that I shared in my previous post!

I'm sorry that it didn't help you solve your issue, but the appropriate team is currently working on finding a solution. Please note that I'll update the thread, when I have any news.

Thank you in advanced for your patience and understanding!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

Hi, joining this thread because I have been facing the same problems for several days now. For me, no locations on the map has the usual metadata associated with that location. The problem seems to be with my google account. Below are screenshots of the app with and without my google account.

Here are some details:

IPhone 6s

iOS 11.4

Maps 4.56

gmail.com account

Using maps without an account.Using maps without an account.Using maps with an account.Using maps with an account.

Level 4

I THINK I FIXED IT! 

I found where someone said that they had to go into their Google settings and Sync EVERYTHING! So I went into mines. I unsynced and resynced EVERYTHING! And now it works. 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

Connect Moderator

I'm glad it's fixed, but I'm not sure that everyone needs to do the same.  Google has been working on the issue today, and others have reported that it is fixed for them without them doing anything.

I would just wait for Google to fix it or publish necessary steps; when it's affecting a large group then it's unlikely anything you can do will fix it (unless that proves to be the step necessary after Google fixes their end).

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages