davidagnino's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: "Can't connect" error in Google Maps

I've restarted, disabled, cleared cache, and even updated several times. Still no luck. 

Level 9

Hey @bhalleazy, I'm suspecting it may be device specific because I am also an Android user but not having these issues.

In order for me to report this bug, I will need the full Android version and Maps version please that is currently on your device.

For the Android version, you can go to the phone settings > System > About Phone > Android - let me know what version and patch level.

For Maps, go to phone settings > Apps > Maps.

If @davidagnino is also experiencing this still, then please provide your Android and Maps version as well. Thank you.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 4

Android 8.0.0 

Security Level July 1, 2018

Google Maps 9.84.1 (#984100040)

Level 9
Solution

Thanks for the details @bhalleazy.

I have forwarded the details that you've provided for further investigation.

Since it is the end of the weekend, it may take some time to determine what is going on and a resolution for the issue. In the meantime, if you notice any changes, please let us know. Thanks! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

Hello @davidagnino and @bhalleazy (and anyone else that might be having the same issue), and thanks to @Shirley for tagging me into this thread.

This sounds like an issue of which we're already aware over on the Maps forum.  Can I ask the following of each of you to see if it's related:

Do you have issues if you're logged into the same Google account on another devices; whether it be a phone, the browser version of Maps on a desktop, etc.?

Are your Google accounts ones using a G Suite address, a Gmail account, or your own email that is not G Suite?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Google maps can't connect.

Hello, for past 5 days, I have problem, if i try to add anything or find place I have pop up massage Can't Connect

Google maps not working at all I see map, if I pick any place or try to search something all I see Cant connect. 

Please help me to solve this problem. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Google maps but this doesn't solve this problem. 

Level 10

Re: Google maps can't connect.

Hi @Nyroyalauto

Please note, another two members have similar issue and Moderator @Flash is working on it. I have tagged him for you .

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 5

Android version 8.0.0

Samsung experience version 9.0

Maps version Maps version 9.84.1 

Phone is galaxy S9+

Tried clearing data and cache from everything including pokemon go, android auto, google play services, play store, and also turned my phone off during sleeptime and on again this morning. Nothing changed. I cannot publish photos or even review places with this account. I can only use the map with alternate account that is not a local guide.

Level 5

Also I use INBOX for my email in both accounts both in PC as in the inbox app in my cellphones.

Level 9

Re: Google maps can't connect.

Hi @Nyroyalauto:

Can you provide a bit more details including the following:

• Your device.
  • OS (Android or iOS) on your device and version.
  • Maps version
  • Is your google account a gmail.com or work/business?
  • Do you have any troubles making contributions like reviews or edits?

I also ask that you clear cache and data for the Google Maps app as well and try again.

A few other users are also experiencing this so I'll be merging your post together so that we can keep all of the information together. Thanks! 🙂