OscarCV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

"Atamalado" - Catacaos - Piura - Perú

Un buen "atamalado" es cocinarlo a leña. Los ingredientes incluyen frejoles, que se mezclan con arroz, y luego se le añade un sudado ( estofado )  de mero o cabrillónUn buen "atamalado" es cocinarlo a leña. Los ingredientes incluyen frejoles, que se mezclan con arroz, y luego se le añade un sudado ( estofado ) de mero o cabrillón

12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: "Atamalado" - Catacaos - Piura - Perú

This looks absolutely delicious! Did you prepare it yourself @OscarCV?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @OscarCV,

Thank you for sharing this lovely dish with us. Can you share the recipe too? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 7

Hello @KlaudiyaG I do not prepare it, but it is very tasty
Level 7

Hello @MoniV                 

INGREDIENTS:

4 large fish dams

3 oil tablespoons

1 large onion, peeled and cut in (thin cut)

2 teaspoons ground garlic

2 yellow ground chili

1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped

1 tablespoon cilantro,chopped

½ cup “chicha de jora”( white vinegar)

1 large tomatoes, peeled and cut in “julienne” (thin cut)

1/2 cup of court

Juice of 1 lemon

Salt

Pepper

For the “atamalado”:(rice +beans )

1/2 Kilo of rice

2 diced onions

2 finely chopped garlic cloves

1 teaspoon of colored pepper

1 tablespoon ground pickled yellow chili

1/2 cup of peas - beans 

1/2 cup diced potato

salt c / n

PREPARATION:

To cook this exquisite fish sweat with rice “atamalado”. We start by heating the oil in a pan and add the onion. Let them cook lightly but do not brown.

Add the ground chili, lemon juice and “chicha de jora” (vinegar)We cook for a few minutes to evaporate the “chicha”. Add the parsley and cilantro, season with salt and pepper. We incorporate the tomatoes. Place the fish fillets on top.

We lower the fire and cover the pot. Let cook over very low heat until the fish is tender. The cooking time of the fish varies according to the thickness of the fillet.

We serve this exquisite suco sudado with rice “atamalado”

For the “atamalado”: To prepare the atamalado rice add the oil in a pot medium heat, fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until this transparent then add the chili color, the yellow pepper turn to integrate the flavors Incorporate the water, rice, potatoes and let cook in the pot, finally add the pepper, and the peas lower the game until the rice is cooked.

To serve fish with rice atamalado, you do it by adding rice to the dish. Then add the sweat of fishand decorate with the court according to the image of the recipe

Hey @OscarCV,

Thank you so very much for the recipe, it's awesome. I will definitely try it on Sunday 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!

It sure looks good! 🙂 I haven't been to Peru, nor I have visited a Peruvian restaurant, not because I don't want to, but because they are quite hard to find. What I know about this particular cuisine is that it consists of potatoes, spices and a lot of fruits. I really wish someday to have the chance to try it, as it looks and sounds like something that I'll enjoy eating.

Is the Atamalado your favorite Peruvian dish @OscarCV?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Excellent !!!

Level 7

Hi, @KlaudiyaG In Peru the favorite dish is ceviche, there are thousands of very tasty dishes based on fish. The "atamalado"  It's one of my favorite dishes

Level 7

Hey @MoniV

Hello how did you do? Did you prepare it?