VijayDesai's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

"47 Solutions" awarded to me is missing from my profile & still not solved yet, after 75 days.

Dear Ms. @TraciC

Greetings of the Day !!

On 5th October 2018, I raised the issue to you, @GeorgesHR   @@ @BruceDM
And on 10/10/2018, in reply to @NadyaPN @@ 's post, I again addressed same issue but till today I have not received any solution or reply from anyone, on the issu

In fact, issue of "Solutions" started on 12th September 2018, when "Solutions" awarded to me, by you on 10th September, was taken away by Mr. BruceDM on 12/09/18, the reason are still unknown to me as no Google Moderators has given any explanation/reply to me.

For your information, there are other two similar incidence, where though I have given correct solution first before Moderator but "Solution" was given to Moderators.

For details you may go through my post dated, (1) 05/09/18 (2) 10/09/18 (3) 12/09/18 (4) 05/10/18 and (5) 10/10/18. In this post I have attached screenshots also.

For your information, my current profile status is,
On Google Maps :
Google Local Guide Level  10
Points  103747
New Places Added on Maps 1878
Photos uploaded 9909.
Photo Views 10885651.
Review Views 151239.
Top 1% Guide of Vadodara for last 3 months - Hatrick !!

On L G Connect :
LG Connect joining date 18/05/2018
Likes received more than 1067
Likes given 761
Solutions  47
Replies on Connect  2119.
Minutes online on Connect 31099.
My Status as, Top Liked Authors on L G Connect on 14/09/2018,
In 180 days 70th Rank with 1067 Likes,
In 30 days  6th Rank with 678 Likes &
In 24 hours  2nd Rank with 41 Likes.

The above record of LG Connect was just achieved in less than four months, as I stayed away from LG Connect after above issue and concentrated more on Google Maps.

The above records of Maps & LG Connect, shows volume, efforts, time and sincerity in my activities towards Maps & LGC. So please restore 47+ "Solutions" in my profile.

I request you to address this issue on priority and hope it will be resolved in year 2018.

I wish you, Google Teammates and fellow LGs, MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 in advance.

Vijay Desai.
Screenshot of my profile showing 47 SolutionsScreenshot of my profile showing 47 Solutions

2nd Rank Top Liked Author in 24 hours - Screenshot2nd Rank Top Liked Author in 24 hours - Screenshot

Vadodara, Gujarat, India
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: "47 Solutions" awarded to me is missing from my profile & still not solved yet, af

HI @VijayDesai thanks for raising your concern. Please don't tag Googlers on non urgent issues. The Googlers do not always respond to requests for response and I would suggest in this case they are choosing to not respond to your earlier queries. I would strongly recommend respecting their choices and not tag them further. I recognise you are frustrated but publicly airing your frustration is unlikely to have a positive outcome.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: "47 Solutions" awarded to me is missing from my profile & still not solved yet, af

Hi @VijayDesai

I was personally unaware of your issue, and you probably never received a reply because you was posting in a thread related to a different subject.

For what I can see, you have now 45 solutions awarded to you ( https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/solutions/acceptedsolutionsleaderboardpage/timerange/all/page/...), so probably two solutions were removed.

Can you better explain your issue?

Thank you

Googler

@VijayDesai Solutions are can be awarded on a post by a Googler, Connect Moderator or by the original author of the post. The same is for solutions being removed.

When we see a solution incorrectly applied to a post, we remove that solution and if extremely wrong, we'll comment to that nature.

Kudos counts that you are looking at can be gone by time periods (24 hours) or all time and reflect all public posts. If you're seeing a loss in solutions, it's either because solutions marked as such were not an actual solution or the person who originally wrote the post had their post removed (or marked as spam). In very rare instances, a Local Guide can ask for all of their content to be removed rom Connect, which would result in their posts being removed.

This does not seem to be an issue and instead is just how Connect works. If you think otherwise, please provide specific examples, but the team is unable to confirm that this is impacting others and is not able to evaluate every single post you've written. I suggest that you keep being helpful to other Local Guides and in time, more solutions will come. 

Thank you and in the future, please tag one of the Google Moderators in your post if you need assistance. The post talks about when it's best to tag a Google Moderator. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks to all three Google LGC teammates, for your quick response but in my personal opinion, the reply were in general and not specific to issue raised by me, so it can't consider as Solution, in this case.

I have addressed only to the concern persons, who are directly involved in this particular issue. And even if not directly involved, a issue not addressed for 75 days become Super Urgent and it need to be brought to the notice of Seniormost person. So in both case my addressing to Administrative Head is Justified. By the way, as per the reply of Administrative Head, in this thread, if required be, one may tag Google Moderators.

Dear @ErmesT

To some extent you are right about writing my issue in some other thread but for that I am not responsible. Actually on 05/10/18, I wrote my two issues along with this, in newly opened thread but unfortunately & probably after reading first issue only, my newly opened thread was merged with the running thread related to first issue by Mr. GeorgesHR, I immediately wrote back and asked about the second issue (about "Solution") but till today, he has not replied to it.
Here I may agree with Mr. Paul, that Googler has previlaged not to reply LGs  for normal queries but when they are directly involved in the issue & they are tagged by author,  it is their duty to reply the issue, as they are paid employees of Google and not working as volunteer like we LGs.
Here question arises in my mind, why Google Moderators (employees of Google) should have perks, "Likes", "Solutions" Posts" count in their profile, as it is done by them as their job duty and for that they are already getting handsome salary from Google. In my opinion let these perks be with LGs only(as it happened in my 3 cases, either given "Solution" award was transferred to Google Moderators or even though I was first to reply correct answer it was awarded to Google Moderators(as they are authorised to do it and at the same time beneficiary of it), in all these cases, no other LGs were involved).(I may take up this point in idea exchange board).
In fact, Ermest it was happened between us also but moment I raised the flag you were generous to give that "Solution" award to me(again Thanks for your Goodwill Gesture). But in other cases either it was not responded and now it is being defended as correct.

Dear Ms. @TraciC

As you have asked me to describe the issue, I will do it for last incidence, where you are directly involved.

On 10/09/2018, my reply to LG Mr. Yadavhimanshu's query was marked as Solution by you in person (please see attached screenshot of notification email). But on 12/09/18, after two days, Mr. BruceDM gave almost same reply with some glorified words and beautification and I was surprised to see that Solution awarded by you was removed from my reply and now it was tagged with Mr. Bruce reply. I was unable to understand, Is Solution marked by Administrative Head was not done Correctly ?  Is glorified words are more important than actual solution because in two days time LG Mr. Yadav has already implemented solution I gave to him. Is it not embressing situation, where degnified Head's proposal was turn down by subordinate ? Is it Google Moderators are doing such tricks to achieve their job targets ?  In fact, I am of the opinion, Google Moderators should behave as Big Brother in such scinario and give Solution to grooming LGs if reply is correct, as LGs are working 24x7 for Google without any financial gains. So once again I strongly recommend to keep all these "Title" perks awards reserved for LGs only for their self satisfaction.

In fact, as per your reply, as an author of this thread, I tried to revert "Solution" awarded to this thread but it seems as LG, I have no sufficient rights to change it(or may be I am not aware of it, as tried for first time), so I conclude, this right of changing is only with Moderators or guide me how to do it.

During my short period involvement in LGC, I came across similar two disagreement by two different senior LGs, one about Solution award and other was about Publishing Post of LGs but as far as I remember both went almost unnoticed by Google team.

Looking at above all points and to set good example for volunteering LGs, I suggest you to restore back all my Solution Awards, which are in dispute with Google Moderators.

Thanks.
Vijay Desai.

Screenshot of email notification of Solution Award by Ms. TraciC to me.Screenshot of email notification of Solution Award by Ms. TraciC to me.

Googler

@VijayDesai I understand you are frustrated, but this is not a "super urgent" issue in terms of the posts Google Moderators weigh in on when necessary as we are tagged in hundreds of conversations each day. I understand it's super important to you, and appreciate the feedback around the confusion around solutions being unmarked as such. 

I'll reiterate that Google Moderators only accept their responses as solutions if their solutions are more thorough than another person's post. At the time I accepted your solution, yours was correct but by reading the post you referenced in your screenshot (link), @BruceDM asked for more information to look into it further, which would indeed be the final solution. He did not, however receive a response to the request for more information which is unfortunate. The team aims to accept as many Local Guides created solutions as possible and encourages the correct answering of posts to encourage solution awards.

Finally, if you click on the three dots at the bottom of the post, you can see "Not the Solution" is an option for you as the author of a post if you wish to remove a solution on a post that is incorrect. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.