Toby_Webmaster's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

max photo upload per venue

google bus listing limit pics to 201  but what's the max you can upload at any one time to a single venue?

in streetview it says limit your collection to 100.  Same for maps? 

Thanks 

Bangkok Thailand
9 comments
Level 5

Re: max photo upload per venue

I can't imagine a venue that you would need that manny photos, but you must like taking pictures.  I think the most I've ever did was 5.

I tend to pic uncommon places,  My variety in the last 13 months took me through 5 states and boosted me to level five on maps.

Steve

Level 9

Hey @Toby_Webmaster you have made a good catch.

I have uploaded 23 max. @Steve_Stodolski just think about a theme park or Big Shopping Mall. only 5 photo i don't think it can be cover able.

But i think 100 photo is not required to represent everything for one place 😄

We can manage below 100. 😄 😄 😄

Level 10

It's interesting to see how many people upload a certain amount of photos for just one place. For myself, I've probably taken a maximum of about 17 photos of the local Costco Wholesale. One photo of the fuel station, two external shots, one shot of the entrance, two shots of the eating area, one shot each of three different types of food offered, another eight shots for the different perspectives/views or sections of the warehouse (think liquor area, fruit area, butcher area, seafood area, clothing area, freezer area, optometrist area and electronics area) and one shot of the checkout section.

If you want a guide as to what sort of photos you want to upload for a place, you can check out the Business-specific photos guidelines, although this would mostly be applicable to the owners themselves who want to represent their business. Some point that they include are:

• Exterior photos
  • Interior photos
  • Product photos
  • Photos at work
  • Food & drink photos
  • Common areas
  • Rooms
  • Team photos

The possibility to upload photos is endless! Go nuts! You could probably upload the entire menu of their food if you wanted to, and you loved their food so much.

Level 8

Thanks for the tips my reason for asked was the difference in the current points system compared to the old system.

Under the old system, you got a max number of points no matter how many pics you added to maps.

Now it seems Google wants more pictures and is offering 5 points for every image - as many as you are willing to offer.

Even if they choose not to use those pics, you still get the points.  This is just my observation.  

So you could theoretically add 100 or even 200 pictures of a single venue.  I was just wondering if anyone had actually tried doing this.

Thanks 

Level 9

@Briggs, You make a good point. I take 5-10 pictures everywhere I go. Inside, outside, shelves, etc. But I'm not sure how many is too many. Some business' in my area only have 1-2 pictures, so I feel like I need to add as many photos as I can. 

Level 10

Do not think that there is any limit to total number of photos that can be uploaded of a single location. Is there any such guidline?? 

@RonneBD @Toby_Webmaster @AlexPssn @Briggs @Steve_Stodolski

Level 10

@ProfArunCM,

There is no hard limit for uploading photos.

I've realised that for all the times I've visited Bay Vista (a dessert cafe), and I've probably been there more than 10 times, I've always been uploading pictures of food that I either order or my company does. I've noticed that number of photos has steadily climbed to about 40, but they are truly excellent photos, and very contrasting from one another.

Level 10

As far as I can tell or know, there isn't a hard limit of photos per location. And personally for me, that's fine as long as the photos are of real value to help describe and give an experience of the place. What we don't want to end up is someone taking more than many multiples of the same photo of the roughly the same view just for the sake of points. One example of why unlimited photos can be useful is a huge buffet restaurant, say in Las Vegas where there could be over 100 items on the buffet spread, and it is valuable for me as a potential customer to see all the photos of the food, even if there are over 100. Or an old church with beautiful stained glass, I personally would be ok, if someone took each photo of each stained glass and uploaded it, because the stained glass tells a story, etc. Vs like a small store front where someone take many multiples of the store front which doesn't add much value at all. 

Level 8

Thanks to @StephenAbraham for this excellent description its well written and most informative. Hello to @Toby_Webmaster @Briggs @ProfArunCM @AlexPssn.

Here is a shot from today. Fall has come to California and gold is everywhere.

Click me now:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358