trails2track's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

kerstmarkt soest duitsland

Dit weekend naar Soest in Duitsland geweest om een kerstmarkt te bezoeken, en wat een fantastische keuze was dat.

Een hele gezellige en grote (misschien wel de grootste kerstmarkt in noordrijn westfalen) in een mooie oude stad met een middeleeuwse geschiedenis in het prachtige Sauerland.

Met genoeg gratis en betaalde parkeerplaatsen dicht in de buurt van het centrum is het ook een van de meest toegankelijke markten. 

En met meer dan genoeg kraampjes die culinaire duitse specialiteiten aanbieden is, maar ook veel kerst spullen die zorgen dat het echt genieten is op z'n duits.

IMG-20181209-WA0014.jpg        

Vanuit welke richting men ook komt, het beroemde en unieke torensilhouet van Soest wijst de weg naar een stad, die meer dan 1000 jaar oud is en wordt gedomineerd door talrijke interessante bouwwerken, opgetrokken uit typisch groen zandsteen. De vele historische Gaststätten, die tot ver over de landsgrens bekendheid genieten, nodigen uit tot een gezellig verblijf. Soest was niet alleen een van de belangrijkste steden van de Hanze, maar ook van Europa in het algemeen.

IMG-20181209-WA0010.jpg

De huizen zijn nog gemaakt van houten balken met daartussen witte strakke vlakken. Dat maakt dat de stad iets unieks heeft, wat zeer gezellig oogt.

IMG-20181209-WA0011.jpg

met duizenden lampjes en vrolijk ingerichte marktkraampjes waan je je in een sprookjesachtige wereld.

De gezelligheid en de gemoedelijke mensen geven je een gastvrij gevoel terwijl je door de geuren van de heerlijke duitse keuken loopt.

IMG-20181209-WA0008.jpgDe wereldwijd unieke gebouwen en de fraaie vakwerkhuizen op het marktplein met op de achtergrond de dom en de petrikirche vormen het decor van een fantastische gezellige kerstmarkt.

Een aanrader om eens naartoe te gaan en plek waar ik zeker weer terug komt.

Soest, Duitsland
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: kerstmarkt soest duitsland

Hi @trails2track,

Thanks for sharing your experience in this beautiful city!

I like that you added so much description because that way your post being interesting for the other Local Guides.

What did you try on the Christmas market? My favorite things there are the mulled wine (Glühwein) and the Sausage (Bratwurst). The atmosphere is also amazing. Besides of the Christmas market did you like the city and which places do you recommend to be visit?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 5

hello @PoliMC

thanks for choosing my post for post of the week.

I just love old city's because of the buildings, and try to imagine the hard labor and skills in those times.

and because of that, i google about the places i go too.

by the way, there is more to the story about soest (very interesting)

every year we travel to germany to cut a christmas tree in sauerland and stay for a weekend to find the perfect tree and visit these christmas markets.

so that how i got lost in soest and yes i just love the food and gluwein, but every year i try to find a stand that sells special christmas ball's and  germany still got those factory's that still make these special glass ball's that i got to buy at least one each year.

must say that i'm a christmaholic and soest stole a piece of my heart.

next year ill go back to soest and gonna make it a full day trip.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @trails2track,

Thanks for your reply!

It's very nice that you found the city so beautiful and you found the perfect Christmas tree for you! 

I liked the post because you added so much description about the Christmas spirit there and also about the city. That's why I choose your post.

It will be great if you have such another interesting story about beautiful cities because you can make a great post!

I am waiting for your next great post!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!