OSAMA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

is there a way in google maps traffic to follow public transportation buses ??

hello great team and fellow members , is there a way to follow the buses real locations and estimated time in google maps traffic or any other application from google ??

4 comments
Level 10

Re: is there a way in google maps traffic to follow public transportation buses ??

@OSAMA The real time data probably needs to come from the transportation service provider. And that greatly depends on the availability of tracking facilities on the vehicles themselves. And if that is all available and the service provider is keen, then there definitely needs to be some integration links between them and Google Maps. For example in San Francisco, each bus stop has information on bus arrivals as I can see in Maps.Screenshot_20181015-082322_Maps.jpg

Level 9

Re: is there a way in google maps traffic to follow public transportation buses ??

Thank you so much @StephenAbraham 🙂

Yeah this is what I am talking about 

How to implement all if these together , who is the responsibile department in Google to collaborate with !?

Level 10

Hi @OSAMA and @StephenAbraham Google Maps has a program for this called "Transit Partner Program" https://maps.google.com/landing/transit/index.html. This program allows public transport provider with fixed schedule to integrate their schedule with Google Maps and show live transit update. But I think this program is available in selected countries only. 

Level 8

Great idea @OSAMA  this would be really useful.