NataliaPeru's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

is it helpful to introduce yourself while visiting a Place?

Hi Gente!

Im from Perú and here is not that common being Local Guide. So visiting places and taking pictures of everything we consider that might be helpful to get to know better the business or places is actually seen a little suspicious (business owners and collaborators usually think your from competing companies).

So, based on your experiences, what can you suggest me?

Should I get something like a Business Card?

Talk to them first?

Will wait for your ideas! Please!

Best Regards!

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: is it helpful to introduce yourself while visiting a Place?

Hi @NataliaPeru

Welcome in Local Guides Connect.

Introducing yourself when visiting a place is one of the best thing to do. I usually show my profile in the App. In my opinion this is much more efficient than using a "paper" ID, because a paper document can be a fake, while your profile on Google Maps app is directly connected to Maps. Usually, with this kind of approach, the business are very helpful and happy to see the information added in Maps

Connect Moderator

@NataliaPeru I say try to make your best judgment. Some places might be a bit more sensitive than others. For most restaurants, for example, you're probably okay with not asking for permissions. But places like museum sometimes don't allow you to take photos in certain areas (with flash, usually), so it might be a good idea to ask first.

Level 8

@ErmesT thank you so much for your suggestion, I really didnt realized about the fact of using paper.

@iyudhi thank you so much too, for your advice. Here in Peru it´s true, some places are more sensitive about taking pics and even sharing comments.