MadhavK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

how to start a local guide community

How do I get people to join my community.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
5 comments
Level 9

Re: how to start a local guide community

At first you need to invite your friend to join your Community,

Level 5

But how to invite !!

Let’s see the world together
Level 6

Level 10

@JayG wrote:

But how to invite !!

I'll tell you how I brought together Local Guides in my locality.

1. You know what? Local Guides and Google Plus user profile shares the same name and profile ID. I used to go through the the reviews of most frequented places in my locality (say, tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping malls etc) to find the active Local Guides on Google Plus. And I would then send an invitation, asking if they wish to join the Unofficial Local Guides Community. I must add that the success rate is very low. But, I'm happy to say that I could find many great reviewers and mappers this way

2. Briefing college students about the Local Guides Program work wonders. Most of the active users in my community are students

3. The number of active users on Google Plus is very less compared to other platforms like Facebook. You can create an unofficial community in other platforms as long as you're following the guidelines 

4. Sharing pictures and other info on Twitter with a link to your community also helps

Please go through the Google Plus support article on moderating a community, if you haven't already - https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2870379?hl=en

Level 9

At first you need to invite your friend to join your Community,