ChristopherT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

how to start a local guide community

So I was looking over the help page at https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6273834?hl=en but I could not find how I could actually start one in my community. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: how to start a local guide community

Hi @ChristopherT @GIstvánB

You can easily start a local community by creating a Google+ page for the Local Guides in the city you stay in - guidelines can be found here.

Once you’ve created your community, please complete this form to receive training as a moderator. If selected, we’ll be in touch to schedule moderator training. Additionally, you will be eligible to receive support form the Local Guides team after you have been trained. Please note that the Local Guides team supports one community per area and only one owner per community will be trained - so do check if a local community already exists before creating one.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @ChristopherT @GIstvánB

You can easily start a local community by creating a Google+ page for the Local Guides in the city you stay in - guidelines can be found here.

Once you’ve created your community, please complete this form to receive training as a moderator. If selected, we’ll be in touch to schedule moderator training. Additionally, you will be eligible to receive support form the Local Guides team after you have been trained. Please note that the Local Guides team supports one community per area and only one owner per community will be trained - so do check if a local community already exists before creating one.

Level 8

I have exactly the same problem

Level 10

How to decide the Community is one per area? What defines the Area? Is there any geographical limiits with which it can be found?

Have started a new one: https://plus.google.com/communities/116270373331685139689   (KOTTAYAM Local Guides). Will there be any iissues with this community?

Level 5

Keep sharing your local listing of business or service on google maps to start. It's that simple!

Level 7

Hi YanniY,

Some of your links are not active any more. Like the one about the form 

Actually, I realized that there is not official Local Guide community in Paris and I am trying to create one and connect it to the official communities.

Could you please help me with this?

regards,

Level 10

Hi @BelAmi_Paris There is a Paris Local Guide group here.

Good luck

Level 7

Thank you for your response WetCoastCanuck. Yes I know this one but it is not official. It doesn't exist on map of the Local Guides community.

Level 6

@YanniY but this form doesnt exist.  I created google+ community. 

what is my next step for creating local guides community for my area

Level 8

@BelAmi_Paris wrote:

Thank you for your response WetCoastCanuck. Yes I know this one but it is not official. It doesn't exist on map of the Local Guides community.

Hi @BelAmi_Paris, that community was on the map & supported by Google Local Guides but the owner ( @Tchoa) no longer wants to receive that support. 

the communities on that map are unofficial, the only official community for local guides is Local Guides Connect