AysarB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

how to check someone's level on Google LG ?

Hi ,

Can anybody please tell me if there is anyway to check somebody's level on Google Local Guides Program as a local guide, because I try to check a profile but it shows nothing and some people are members in our community but they have zero activity and they seem to be careless.

Thank you 

AB

Stockholm Local Guides

10 comments
Level 5

Re: how to check someone;s level on Google LG ?

Hi @AysarB

Kindly accept my advice which came from my long contribute in the general work ..

You must find this number people who do nothing and you find some others who will do oppostion just for sake of oppostion ..

So either to depend only on the active members and ignore them, or distribute tasks for them hoping some of them will participate ..

Level 10

Just click on the name, looking at a contribution, a photo, a review, or anything else, in Google Maps, and you will see points, level and contributions.

Connect Moderator

@AysarB When you said you're checking the profile, which profile are you actually checking?

You won't be able to easily see the person's level by looking at his/her Google+ profile, especially from the new UI. Like what @LucioV said, the only way to do it is to find that particular person's review  on Maps, then click on the profile icon. From there you should be able to see that person's contribution and Local Guide level.

On Google+ classic web, you can go to that person's profile page, go to the 'Reviews' section, click one of the locations, look at the reviews section, and find that particular person's review. Go to the profile and you'll be able to see the contributions and level.

Level 7

Hi

So basically I am not anonymous as a local guide?

Can you tell what level I am or what are my other contributions through this reply?

Through My Gmail address?

How about if you find my review can you find out more than just that?

I prefer to stay anonymous as possible...

Thanks 🙂

Level 10

@NathanLG wrote:

Hi

So basically I am not anonymous as a local guide?

Can you tell what level I am or what are my other contributions through this reply?

Through My Gmail address?

How about if you find my review can you find out more than just that?

I prefer to stay anonymous as possible...

Thanks 🙂

No, i can't find your contributions through this reply.

You are anonymous, as long as you don't share here a place you reviewed or a photo you uploaded to maps.

Connect Moderator

@TheWanderer, just adding from what @LucioV has said - I can tell your level (level 3) based on your badge here in Connect, but unless I find out your profile link on Maps, I won't be able to see your contributions. But let's say if someone happens to find one of your reviews on Maps, that person will be able to click on your profile and see all of your reviews and photos that you contributed.

Level 10

It's possible to do some investigation... as you start contributing connect, will be obvious that you will share something from your area, a nice place, a photo, a review, so if someone wants to find your contributions, could start from that point and try to correlate your username on connect (you can change it, for better privacy) to a Google maps contributor profile.

I'm public, by default, since I'm on Internet (my first web page is from 1993, and was showing my real name and my phone number), so I don't have to worry about privacy 😄

Level 7

🙂

SO basically my Google Photos are safe and are shared only if I allow it to
but whatever I post someone might see my nickname + contributions (photos & reviews) if he does some research
but my email address name etc is hidden by default? or I need to set it to be working this way?

Thanks 🙂

Level 7

I just clicked your name and I can see everything about you except email address and your name
Is this setting changeable or default?