Yayasark's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

how to Become the co-owner ( community moderator)

hello All,

please, I want to become a community moderator but there is one in my community, so how will I become a co- owner?

thank you.

YAYAH SARKODIE
Morso Health Center, Morso, Ghana
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: how to Become the co-owner ( community moderator)

@Yayasark, as of now, Google will only support one owner per Local Guides community per area. There can be multiple moderators, or even owners for a Local Guides community (or any communities) on Google+, so if you're interested in helping out in the community as a moderator or co-owner, you need to contact the moderator/owner of that particular community and express your interest. Only that person is able to promote you to moderator/ co-owner.

Keep in mind if the owner/moderator of the community has applied for promotion, only that person will be eligible to receive support/communication from Google regarding Local Guides activities. For more details you can learn it from the following article:

Start an online community

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YAYAHs wrote:

hello All,

please, I want to become a community moderator but there is one in my community, so how will I become a co- owner?

thank you.

IDK

Level 10

With the new design for communities it's not clear how to increase the level of a member of the community....

Level 7

hey Yayah,

Making someone a moderator on your google plus community is quite simple actually.

Just go to the main page of your community, click the 3 dots in the upper left corner, click on manage members and lastly click the 3 dots behind someones name and select promote from member to moderator.

Did it work?

~Jasper

edit 1: There are only 3 roles on a community page:

1. owner
  2. moderator
  3. member

there is no co-owner or anything, if that's what you're asking 

Level 10
Connect Moderator
Solution

@Yayasark, as of now, Google will only support one owner per Local Guides community per area. There can be multiple moderators, or even owners for a Local Guides community (or any communities) on Google+, so if you're interested in helping out in the community as a moderator or co-owner, you need to contact the moderator/owner of that particular community and express your interest. Only that person is able to promote you to moderator/ co-owner.

Keep in mind if the owner/moderator of the community has applied for promotion, only that person will be eligible to receive support/communication from Google regarding Local Guides activities. For more details you can learn it from the following article:

Start an online community

Level 9

@iyudhi My question is, do the people I promote in my community to moderator status get the community moderators badge in connect? Or is that just for the owners?

Connect Moderator

@HashimN only one person per community is supported by Google. So in this case that person is you.

The person you promoted to be moderator won't have access to this part of LGC and won't get a moderator badge in LGC

Level 9

Spot on @iyudhi

Sharing this just for the sake of completeness. Found on the Community-Moderator-101 thread by TraciC:

"Do other moderators in my community also receive support?

The Local Guides team only supports one community moderator (one owner) per area. You are welcome to share learnings and best practices from the Hangouts and private forum with your fellow moderators."