ritikkanoongo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to become google moderator ?

want to know the procedure about how to become an google moderator , i am on level 9th

76 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to become google moderator ?

@ritikkanoongo Good to know you have interest to help out. Here in Connect there are 2 different groups of people managing the platform.

Google Moderators (Click for list) - who are employees of Google who runs and manage the program. You can see a G logo on their profile photo in Connect. If you are keen to join Google as a career, you can look up and apply at the Google career site here

Local Guides Connect Moderators (Click for list) - we are Local Guides just like you and we are volunteers, ie, we are not employed by Google and we do not receive any special benefits or salary. 

A Local Guide does not / cannot apply to be a Connect Moderator. Google selects actively contributing Local Guides in Maps and Connect whom they believe can help the community in the daily posts, reply and moderation of posts in LG Connect. If you are keen in being a Connect Moderator, just keep active here in Connect and write and reply helpful posts. 

The values in this post is also key to be a valuable contributor in Connect: 5 core values of Connect

Happy contributing.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@ritikkanoongo Good to know you have interest to help out. Here in Connect there are 2 different groups of people managing the platform.

Google Moderators (Click for list) - who are employees of Google who runs and manage the program. You can see a G logo on their profile photo in Connect. If you are keen to join Google as a career, you can look up and apply at the Google career site here

Local Guides Connect Moderators (Click for list) - we are Local Guides just like you and we are volunteers, ie, we are not employed by Google and we do not receive any special benefits or salary. 

A Local Guide does not / cannot apply to be a Connect Moderator. Google selects actively contributing Local Guides in Maps and Connect whom they believe can help the community in the daily posts, reply and moderation of posts in LG Connect. If you are keen in being a Connect Moderator, just keep active here in Connect and write and reply helpful posts. 

The values in this post is also key to be a valuable contributor in Connect: 5 core values of Connect

Happy contributing.

Level 7

can I also be a Google moderator

Dear friends,

I just wanna no is it possible to become google moderator ,if yes then how I can become google moderator,and what I have to do ,to get google moderator badge, IAM keen interested to get google moderator badge for india.

Connect Moderator

Re: can I also be a Google moderator

Hi @Nikhilchemical

Google Moderators are Google employees, that are in charge for the moderation of the community. You can search in here: www.google.com/careers/. to see if there are positions available in your area

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Nikhilchemical

We also have Connect moderators like @ermest, who are not Google employees. You can read more here: Meet the Connect Moderators.

Some info from that article:

Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Local Guides Level 5+ who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm, welcoming and informative place with their knowledge, accuracy and tone

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thanks for showing me path , to achieve my dream, thanks alot.

Former Google Contributor

Hi again @Nikhilchemical

You're welcome. I hope you will succeed in achieving your dream.

BTW You can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 4

How to become google moderator ?

hello ppl i  am a photographer 

to help the Google map 

Connect Moderator

Welcome to Local Guides Connect @aizazjamil

Is nice that you want to be an active Local Guide, contributing in Google Maps and here on the community.

Google Moderators are Google employees, in charge of the moderation of Local Guides Connect

To become a Google Moderator, you have to find a job in Google first.

Here is the link: https://careers.google.com

Feel free to check if there is a position available for your skills

Level 7

رد: How to become google moderator ?

انا كدالك ابحث عن نفس السؤال..مرحبا بك في خرائط غوغل والمرشدين المحليين