Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

add places

why Google maps don't accept my places when i add them

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: add places

Hi @alibahrami everyone has issues with Not Applied from time to time. When it happens with me I just move on and do some other contribution.  Not applied or staying pending happens to all of us from time to time. Former Googler Gus wrote a great post about it that would be good for you to read.

To get best results I personally find

• Only add or edit places I've actually been too
    • Make sure Location Services is on for Maps
    • Add the complete information in one go

Regards Paul

Level 8

Re: add places

Hi Buddy!

As @PaulPavlinovich said, that's something that happens to all Local Guides from time to time.

Personally before giving up, I do this:

- Make sure I selected the most accurate category or very adequate one, in case it doens't exist. Try with one or two adequate categories.

- Try to add at least 5 pictures, with the name of the business very clear, a close up and a picture a little bit far away and pictures of the inside of the business or place (if it applies).

- Complete as much information as you can, verify online if there is a website, phone number and hours.

- I'm not sure, Google Might use OCR (Optical Character Recognition), so, it will be important that the name you put for the business, matches the one in the pictures.

@Alhasani let me know if this helps, and try to select one our responses "as solution" for this topic, so other people know it has been solved.

Greetings from Dominican Republic!

-Héctor