SocialM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Your photos reached a new record on Google Maps!

Folks,

I post photos of my visits to various market yards in India and my 1,312 photos have received 450k views. At every 50k milestone, Google Local Guides (<noreply-local(dash)guides(at)google(dot)com>) used to send me an email with "

views
Your photos are a big hit!
Your photos helped people over 400,000 times, a new record for you on Google Maps
SEE YOUR PHOTOS ON MAPS
Congratulations! Millions of people rely on photos like yours when they search for places. Thanks for sharing your photos with the world.

I haven't received this email after clocking 450k milestone and wonder if anyone can shed light on this issue.

Thanks

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Your photos reached a new record on Google Maps!

Congrats on hitting such high view counts for your photos, @SocialM! I suggest waiting it out a little and the milestone email may just be in your inbox before you know it 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Congrats on hitting such high view counts for your photos, @SocialM! I suggest waiting it out a little and the milestone email may just be in your inbox before you know it 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 2

Thanks JeslynL! I will look out for the email...:)

@JeslynL wrote:

Level 10

Congrats @SocialM! Your contributions is surely making impact.

Level 2

Hi SanyaO, 

Delighted to have discovered the maps community. Hope and Change my friend...with maps 🙂

Best

Level 6

i also got this same message with a whole lot of views 

Level 10

@SocialM The emails actually get sent out once per week, not based on the milestones you cross. Sometimes Google skips a week or two, though. If you don't have a number of views record, then it often picks other things to highlight, like people that liked your reviews.

Oh, and I heard that you have to add at least one picture per week to get the email. Maybe that's the issue.

Level 2

Hi JosephD, 

Your note is most insightful and helps explain the delayed email response. I will start posting on a weekly basis and hopefully will address the issue.

Warm regards

Anurag Awasthi

Level 5

Perhaps you will get at 500k and 1000k now !

@SocialM wrote:

Folks,

I post photos of my visits to various market yards in India and my 1,312 photos have received 450k views. At every 50k milestone, Google Local Guides (<noreply-local(dash)guides(at)google(dot)com>) used to send me an email with "

views
Your photos are a big hit!
Your photos helped people over 400,000 times, a new record for you on Google Maps
SEE YOUR PHOTOS ON MAPS
Congratulations! Millions of people rely on photos like yours when they search for places. Thanks for sharing your photos with the world.

I haven't received this email after clocking 450k milestone and wonder if anyone can shed light on this issue.

Thanks

Level 7

it is strange, but numbers are going like 10k, 20k, 30k, 50k, 75k, 100k,  the for bigger numbers it is going slowly 100M, 125M, 150M, 175M, maybe I am wrong I will check my mail