JeroenM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

YouTube Webinar: Verification Process [Replay Available Now!]

Webinar: Verification Process

Receiving a Not Applied response to your edit suggestions on Google Maps can be very frustrating and demotivating for Local Guides. Having a better understanding of the different meanings of both Approved and Not Applied verdicts can make all the difference.

Jeroen Mourik, the facilitator of this webinar on YouTube, has done a lot of desk-research into the reasons why we are not always successful with our legit edit suggestions. Don't expect any short-cuts, this is not a workshop on how to trick the system. This is all about clean hard work and knowing your limits.

This YouTube Webinar is not approved or supported by Google.

Please, take a minute to fill out the Meet-Up Evaluation form. If you were unable to participate during the live event and also won't be able to watch the replay, you can indicate so on the Evaluation Form. I would appreciate if all people that actually signed up, fill out the form.

Please note that his evaluation form will be available until Tuesday, January 14th, at 3 P.M. UTC.

Thank you all for participating!

Yours mappersly,

JeroenM
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Webinar: Verification Process

Thanks @JeroenM, I'll RSVP closer to the date if I'm available.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 8

Re: Webinar: Verification Process

Thank you @TheEagleEye,
It would be great to have a serious Mapper like you there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YouTube Webinar: Verification Process

Thank you @JeroenM  this meeting . I'll try my best to be connected. Good luck

Connect Moderator

I have signed up, but it will depend on the situation at work whether or not I will be able to attend.

@JeroenM will you also discuss the other statuses 'Pending' and 'Suggested'? 

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Thank you @JeroenM  for this post . It will be very helpful .

Shahriar

BD

Level 8

Yes, Jan, we will discuss the whole verification process, so the Pending status and Suggested status are definitely topics that will be discussed. The main focus of the lecture, however, shall be on some misconceptions and the many reasons why one could get a Not Applied response, which does not always mean that your edit suggestion could not be verified 😉

For those of you, like @JanVanHaver @ShahriarAzadEvan  and @Anonymous  that are interested. I do expect (technical gremlins permitting) that the webinar will be available as a replay.

Level 7

Thanks @JeroenM, I hope to learn more about this. 

Backhouse
Connect Moderator

What could possibly go technically wrong during a live broadcast @JeroenM?  ; - )

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Great @wt_lambert, I look forward to your participation during the webinar.
In case you have specific questions related to our topic, please don't hesitate to ask them now in this thread.