Rj12's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Wrong Villages Name and Locations

HI 
I join as LC last year and found that many of villages name and locations are incorrect. I Tried to send feedback but failed to correct the names and location. So i found LG Connect and now i am writing this post to correct them.
 attachment added with information. highlighted in red.

Kindly help me to correct it.

tempsnip.png

Rj
Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Wrong Villages Name and Locations

Hi @Rj12,

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to inform you that there are certain items in Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township. Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below:

1. Find the location in question on the map;
  2. Click the hamburger icon ☰;
  3. Click Send feedback;
  4. Choose your relevant feedback.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @Rj12,

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to inform you that there are certain items in Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township. Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below:

1. Find the location in question on the map;
  2. Click the hamburger icon ☰;
  3. Click Send feedback;
  4. Choose your relevant feedback.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Thank you @FelipePK

Already submitted feedback many times, today also sent. But not resolved yet.

Rj

Hi @Rj12

I just want to let you know that every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines. The inquiries are not instant resolved, it takes time until all process is completed. 

Your patience is appreciated. For more information you may want to check this post Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Level 7

Thanks for yours quick response @FelipePK

As you suggested I will wait for someone time. 

Rj
Level 6

Add Village or Town to Map

Hello google local Gide team sir my nearby village wrong name of Google maps so add map add village option tanks you

Re: Add Village or Town to Map

Hi @Raincho and welcome to Connect!

Your question has recently been answered in this thread, which is where I'll be moving this post.

Since you are new in Connect, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? If you find a conversation that is of any interest to you feel free to jump in and interact with other Local Guides. You'll see that community members here in Connect are always willing to help and are very welcoming to the new members of the community. I also recommend you to read this post, as in there you'll find how you can properly use the Idea Exchange board.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 5

Improve name in regional language of place

This is very useful and unbelievable software of Google I love it I like it when any person travelling alone with bike then unknown place it is very useful but I want to say some place is correct name in English language but not in regional language for example tharad taluka in banaskantha district it's right in English but wrong in Gujarati language (થરાદ not થરાડ)

So please improve that

And I am happy to be a part of Google 😊

Re: Improve name in regional language of place

Hi @Jevat,

Thank you kindly for reaching out to us. 

In relation to your inquiry, I can recommend you checking the post, Wrong Villages Name and Locations.

There would be instructions that can be helpful. : ] 

P/s:Keep contributing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!