thatblueeyedginger's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Writing a Negative Review

Hi everyone!

Am I the only one who feels guilty writing a negative review for someone? No matter how bad the service is I always feel like I shouldn't write anything bad about a place because I manage to convince myself that the server could have just been having a bad day. I mean, we have all been there, right? In my less positive reviews, I always mention the things that were less than desirable about my visit, but I always find myself trying to find at least one redeeming quality, I guess just to balance out my conscience. If that just me? Does anybody have tips on writing a less positive review that won't make me feel guilty, but will still be helpful to the people reading my reviews? Especially if the place really does just suck? I just want to be able to offer the best help I can! 

Bristol, RI, USA
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Writing a Negative Review

It's not about writing a negative review. Its actually about sharing your genuine experiences. If you try to include such balance in your reviews than those won't be your genuine thoughts. Wherever you visit, any service or product you purchase, whatever was your experience, you should mention those things as they were. you are right that things might have been wrong on that particular day but its all about average reviews right? So don't feel guilty and share only how you felt at that time.

Level 8

I do agree with you. Writing less positive review seems to be better than just criticizing solely how bad the service is. A long time ago, when I received unpleasureable service, I sometimes blamed for that. But right now, I tend to think that those services need someone to give them feedbacks which allow them to know what and how can they improve their services. So, creative reviews and comments are needed.

Level 10

@Garg_Saab @kantaveew @thatblueeyedginger

Honest and authentic reviews are the most important thing about Google Maps.

TorontolocalGuides.com

Join our community

Richard Trus

Google Local Guides Toronto Co-moderator

"Our city is mourning the loss of the 10 killed in Toronto on Monday - Google Maps Memorial Olive Park Square "

10 killed on Monday in Toronto #TORONTOSTRONG - Memorial Olive Square Park, Yonge Street, North York, ON10 killed on Monday in Toronto #TORONTOSTRONG - Memorial Olive Square Park, Yonge Street, North York, ON

Level 8

It's always best to share your genuine experience about a place. That's what people rely on.