walkerweb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name"

When I try to write a review it gives the error "your google account is missing your name, to continue, take 10 seconds to enter a name"

But I have entered a name.

Any ideas of how to solve this?

Cheers.

416 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name"

[UPDATE]

This issue is still being looked into at the moment. 

If you are impacted by this issue, please share the device, browser and OS on which you are experiencing this so we can pass this information along for investigation.

Hi,

The issue prompting you to update you account name that was impacting your ability to contribute to Google Maps should now be fixed. Please let us know if this issue persists by tagging a Google Moderator with details.

Thank you all for your patience.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Level 10

This problem is new to me. I haven't faced this type of problem yet.

Level 6

i'm also facing same problem, have you got solution

@walkerweb wrote:

When I try to write a review it gives the error "your google account is missing your name, to continue, take 10 seconds to enter a name"

But I have entered a name.

Any ideas of how to solve this?

Cheers.

for this problem ??

Level 7

Notmp_31579-Screenshot_20170622-1544521830955851.png

Level 6

I have the same problem. Always worked fine until recently. Got a new phone and the error still pops up. Any advice?

Level 6

Actually just found a solution that worked for me - disable google play services (it uninstalled the latest version). Close all apps and update google play services again. Should work now.

Hope this helps 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paul, tried to follow your suggestion, if I disable then I can't access Playstore to update. Is that what you mean, as just disabling and re-enabling didn't fix it. I also rebooted after disabling, still no fix.

@PaulSchutze1 wrote:

Actually just found a solution that worked for me - disable google play services (it uninstalled the latest version). Close all apps and update google play services again. Should work now.

Hope this helps 

Google please note: No solution so far found to the VERY ANNOYING message "your Google Account is missing your name". Wasn't an issue in the past.

Former Google Contributor

@walkerweb@srshsundaram@PaulSchutze1, @Anonymous — Could you try these steps with the issue you are experiencing? 

This issue has been discussed several times. We encourage searching the community before posting to avoid duplicate conversations and you may even be able to find a solution quicker. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

SOLUTION The following worked for me:

Go to Application settings: Apps and turn on all the permissions for Google play services and Maps

Anonymous
Not applicable

An answer that worked, thank you. To be exact, to get it to work I enabled all apart from body sensors, contacts,microphone, sms and telephone in Play Services and all but contacts and telephone in Maps.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, reinstalling a Google app (that I cannot mention) broke that fix and is obviously the cause.