IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

♿ Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October

It's time to help those who are in the need. Let's help the differently-abled citizens of our community to reach places easily by answering questions where wheelchair accessible entrances exist, adding photos and information about everything on Google maps. Let's all start it from our neighborhood. I'm going to host an Accessibility meetup to help differently-abled people and how about you?

Meetup to help others get around in OctoberMeetup to help others get around in October

This worldwide meetup intends to benefit all kind people, not just those who use wheelchairs. Families with strollers, people with injuries, and anyone carrying luggage appreciate things like wide entrances, restrooms without stairs, and elevators.

If you would like to host an Accessibility meetup in your area, please submit your meetup in the Meetup site. Also, you may Consider printing this guide for your attendees.

This is all you have to do.

Step1: Plan a suitable day

Step2: Submit your meetup in the meetup site

Step3: Share the meetup link on social media, with friends after getting the approval

Step4: Focus more on accessibility related contributions. Example: if you find a place with accessible, Try to get photos of features like entrances and stairs. 

Additional tips:

• If your group plans visit more than one place, make a list on Google Maps
  • Create a shared Google Photos album to collect pictures from your meet-up
  • If you need to change the time or location, send an update to attendees through Meetup site
  • On the day of the meet-up, get to your location early
  • When other Local Guides arrive, introduce everyone to each other and get started

And remember to use #LocalGuides official hashtag , #a11y #accessibility #googlemaps

I got this idea from one of the posts which written was by @TraciC  last year.

So, I will start from my side first 😊 yes, I’m going to host a meetup in my city this month. How about you?

@KashifMisidia@NareshDarji@Kamalhasnainee@EmekaUlor@KarenVChin@ErmesT@AnuradhaP@OSAMA you may like this accessibility meetup 🙂

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love” - Mother Teresa

Sri Lanka
32 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: ♿ Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October

This is really great intintive to helping people around us. Our small contribution is very useful for deferently able people. @IlankovanT

I will arrange accessibility Meetup in my city. After finalize date I will share with you.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Former Google Contributor

This is such a wonderful initiative, @IlankovanT!

Level 9

Wow that's awesome @NareshDarji 🙂 

Thank you very much for supporting this. I'm sure we will make more accessibility related contributions to google map through this October 😊

Level 9

Thank you for your kind words @brittym looking forward to do something great to the community 😊

Connect Moderator

Nice to hear @IlankovanT and thanks to mention me. Yes I will also arrange a accessibility Meet up in Karachi. And soon i will share with you.

Nandri brother 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Thanks brother @IlankovanT@ for this great initiative. Actually I love this type of meet up. Many many thanks for inviting me. 

I would like to share this invitation with @ShafiulB @OmarBD @ShahMdSultan

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Thank you very much @KashifMisidia for 

taking up the good work 😊.

Hope this October will a possitive change in many lives around the world. 

Level 9

Wowwww!! This is awesome @Kamalhasnainee, and thank you very much for tagging some of local guides from your circle.

Im excited to hear this possitive vibes around me 🤩

Level 9

Bls: ♿ Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October

Halo @IlankovanT saya sangat mendukung program meet up anda ini. Saya sedang kampanye tentang fasilitas untuk para kaum cacat dan kursi roda do daerah saya. Saya beberapa kali bertemu para pengusaha hotel restoran dan bank untuk menyiapkan fasilitas untuk para kaum cacat dan kursi roda. Semua manusia punya hak yang sama untuk menikmati hidup. Terimakasih 🙏

Lera76