JohnnyE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

World Cup 2018: Croatia soccer team welcomed home as heroes and champions!

In case you missed it. This is how it was when our soccer team came home. In an outburst of national pride and joy, on Monday 07/16/2018, Croatia rolled out a red carpet and staged a euphoric heroes welcome for the country’s national team despite its loss to France in the World Cup final. It was the largest gathering in Croatia's history. More than 550,000 fans wearing national red-and-white colors and waving Croatian flags poured into the streets of the capital Zagreb to greet the players, many coming to the city from all parts of the country. “They lost the final, but won the world,” was how Croats summed up the mood.

@Julien44, @ArielleM_, @dubrovr, @Gio51x, @Martin_G, @Sagir, @Osaka78forTRUMP, @Yohanad, @SarahKa, @ErmesT

Zagreb, Croatia
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: World Cup 2018: Croatia soccer team welcomed home as heroes and champions!

Hi @JohnnyE, nice to see you back in Connect.

I believe that no one missed the match, nor the wonderful way in which that the Croatian supporters welcomed back the team.

Gaining the final of the World Cup is already a great result, only two team in the world can reach that point.

So, my congratulations to all the country, that showed in a beautiful way the love for the team

Level 9

Thank you @ErmesT, well said. I stop by from time to time to see what's going on here and I miss you all amazing folks. 🙂

Level 10

I am Argentine, and they won us very well .. My congratulations to the great team of Croatia.

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Connect Moderator

Hi @JohnnyE

the team Croatia deserves more than this because they make their country very proud..

thanks for sharing with us

kind regards

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

Level 10

Hi @JohnnyE,

Thanks for reminding us so many good souvenirs!

Here is a video of what we have been trough when Croatia won the semi final:

I hope you will enjoy.

See you

Jul

Level 9

Glad to hear you were able to see how we celebrated Silver, I cannot imagine how would that be if we won. 🙂

Level 10

That's great news, @JohnnyE. Congrats to Croatia  +❤️=😃