CaptainHook's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Woodstock festival anniversary

Seven times seven years ago, the legendary Woodstock festival took place.

The music is just timeless - gonna listen to it all day life long.

Which day would you choose?

234464601_f6671cae42_z.jpg

3 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Woodstock festival anniversary

Ah, Woodstock, every free-spirited music fan's dream! 

I can't really pick one day, there are great artists performing each and every one of the days. 

Do you have a preferred day, @CaptainHook?

Also, what do you think a modern-day Woodstock would look like in terms of bands and singers? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @DeniGu

I do have a preferred day. It's Saturday, mainly for the Who.

Your second question is very difficult to answer. In 1969, hippies were "alternative mainstream." Today it's very difficult to define the mainstream and to pick the dominant alternative. Love Parade however could be considered the postmodern Woodstock.

Google Moderator

That's true, @CaptainHook, it's hard to differentiate between mainstream and alternative mainstream nowadays.

Music is much more global, accessible and easier to produce than before. My dad is still telling me stories of the time when Western music was not allowed here, and of the many occasions he and his friends hid in basements to listen to rock songs. 🙂

To be honest, I hadn't heard of the Love Parade, but I saw that it's discontinued due to a really bad accident. Have you been to any of their events before that?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!