LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Wine tasting experience with Tom - Hidden Gems series

Amazing light on Wineyard for my meetup with T_DiamondAmazing light on Wineyard for my meetup with T_Diamond

Some months ago, a Local guide called @tdiamond (someone knows why I'm not able to find him anymore on connect?) asked in Connect some help in his upcoming travel to Italy: he expressed the wish to have a real wine tasting experience near Rome.

And so I accepted the challenge, and on october 17 we finally met!

Tom, Laeticia and the wineyard owner

Tom and Laeticia are from El Paso (TX) ad they are in Rome for their wedding anniversary, so it was really a great pleasure to greet them in Rome!

I found for them an Hidden Gem near Rome Azienda Agricola Castel De Paolis, a wine producer in Grottaferrata; this place was suggested by a friend of mine that is involved in Wine Tasting professionally.

We had great time here, as we started from the wineyard, and the history of all the kind of wines they grow in more than 10 years before deciding the best blends to produce.

We also discovered some amazing testimonials here, from former Japanese Emperor to Ronald and Nancy Reagan!

And a lot of prizes.

We tasted three main course wines, a special blend Frascati, a great and more structured white wine, Donna Adriana, and a great main course red wine, Quattro Mori; everything was really good, including salumi and cheese!

We ended our experience with a dessert wine, a Moscato Rosa with some cookies.

A great experience, that Tom and Laeticia enjoyed so much!

I'm so happy when I can share some experience with my friend local guides from all over the world!

Azienda Agricola Castel de Paolis, Via Val de Paolis, Grottaferrata, RM, Italia
24 comments
Level 9

Re: Wine tasting experience with Tom - Hidden Gems series

Hey @LucioV one day in wine yard how is 🍷,nice thank you for sharing with us...

Level 10

Thanks @NirmalTeja we had very nice time here! And I have to admit that I had some prejudice on the wines coming from this area; they are supposed to be cheap!

Level 9

Thanks @LucioV for this post.

It is very intetesting to know about wine tasting experience.

I am looking forward to tasting wine in Treviso in November.

Bedt wishes,

Inga

Level 10

Connect Moderator

You got a nice experience my dear friend @LucioV. Thanks for share this nice RECAP! 

Keep exploring !

Happy Guiding !!

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us @LucioV

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Well done @LucioV. Phenomenal photography, great to see happy Local Guides getting together. Kudos to you all. Kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 10

Level 10

@LucioV It is something special when you meet a connect virtual friend in person. Thank you for sharing your story and one day I will visit you. 😉