KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Wine Tasting Adventure in California

Thanks @KarenVChin for this fantastic and detailed recap!

Beautiful vinery: I love these open spaces in the middle of nature!

And I see that it was also a great day: good wine and a good company: perfect match!
As long as I read you I felt myself present in this fantastic place .... about both your involvement and perhaps especially thanks to @ermest that has brought us virtually there thanks to its bottle of Home Black Pinot Noir from  Iron Horse opened just in time of Ebbrezza Wine Meet up II  :

Iron Horse 2015 Deer Gate Pinot Noir - photo credit: Local Guide @ErmestIron Horse 2015 Deer Gate Pinot Noir - photo credit: Local Guide @ErmesT

Thanks again for sharing with us this wonderful experience, and for confirming once again what it really means to be a LocalGuides: a perfect harmony of travel, experience and friendship!

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words @aaryesdee. Glad you enjoyed reading my recap post.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@davidhyno, thank you! What did you think of the Home Block Pinot Noir that @ErmesT brought back? Was this the first time you tasted a California red wine? Pinot Noir? 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Hi @KarenVChin!

Yes, first time for me to taste a California wine! 

I must premise that I am neither a lover nor a connoisseur of wines .... I tasted this and I must admit that it has a much more marked and decisive taste compared to our wines.

The scent itself was much more intense!

Bye,

David

Former Google Contributor

Hey @KarenVChin,

I am a little bit late with my response as I was searching for a while photos that I captured of Bulgarian wine while I lived in China. Unfortunately those photos happen to be in my external hard drive, which is not with me... 😞

Still, I will be more than happy to meet you and enjoy with all of you a bottle or two of Bulgarian wine. : )

It is touching to hear when one is generous and thoughtful not only of the the profit, but for the merit of all - our nature. I share your thoughts about this.

Hopefully one day I would get to see your personal collection of vintage wine and would be able to appreciate it and learn much more about Californian wine specifics.

A thing I will always remember and cherish is when I was a kid every year I used to help my grandfather prepare homemade wine and it was quite an experience and ritual. I love those memories...

P.S.: I will keep searching for those photos and if I find them will share with you. : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Great post @KarenVChin!

It's definitely my favourite this week! You all look very happy and I'm glad you had a great time together! I'm a wine lover, too! I really like red wine and I also enjoy going to wine tours with friends and family. Even my father is producing homemade red and white wine and this has been a family tradition for years.

Here is one of my favourite Bulgarian wines, produced in Panagyurishte, Bulgaria at the Rumelia wine celler.

Cheers to everyone and I hope you all have will fun together again!

Caption: A photo of a glass of red wine on a table with a sign Rumelia wine celler, PanagyurishteCaption: A photo of a glass of red wine on a table with a sign Rumelia wine celler, Panagyurishte

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Wow @KatyaL

What a beautiful place, a lot of barrels in there. They just need some 360 🙂

If you are not able to join for 2019 in San Francisco (October) save the date for Italy. November 16 (or 23) are the possible date for Ebbrezza Meet-up III in Treviso

Here you can find the Recap for the previous editions:

2018 - Ebbrezza meet-up II

2017 - Ebbrezza meet-up - First edition

Thank you for sharing, @KarenVChin. The atmosphere looks so calm and beautiful. In such nature, wine tasting feels like meditation to me. There is a mountain hut in Bulgaria with wide raspberry fields. My favourite wine is made out of them. It's called Trastenaya. Your photos reminded me of that place a lot.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @KarenVChin and @ErmesT, an awesome post with beautiful photos (and wines)! I want to join the adventure next time 😉 

Connect Moderator

@TsekoV @KatyaL@IrrPavlova @Atsukot

I am happy to read you really enjoyed my California wine tasting post.  I started over 10  years ago growing muscat or moscato grapevines in my backyard.  It took the first 3 years to go from a rootstock vine to actually producing grapes.  

The reason why I started growing them was that it was hard at the time to buy sweet muscat grapes at my grocery store. The idea was to plant enough vines to have enough grapes to make homemade moscato to drink as both @TsekoV @KatyaL mentioned. 

It is relatively easy to grow them.  

Closeup of Muscato vine, c 2015Closeup of Muscato vine, c 2015

Muscato Grapevine, C. 2015Muscato Grapevine, C. 2015But I have learned through the years that if pick to early, they are not sweet.  If you wait too long, the birds (daytime) and squirrels (or something larger - possums) (late at night), can strip the vines with nothing left! = (

Drinking a good bottle is always "a must." It doesn't have to be expensive either. I was brought up to share your best stuff with people who will appreciate it and try drinking wines from other countries for both taste and increasing wine knowledge.  

As I mentioned above, visiting California Wine Country (close to many different regions or areas) is something I don't always do because it is so easy to get great wines, plus international wines, at my neighborhood stores. Save the trip from driving and fighting the crowds (people and traffic). But when @ErmesT started talking about tasting California sparkling wines and the different types of red and white wines, it made sense to make the drive to visit - visit a winery, see how the vines are grown in the winery, how wine is made vs how it is made in Italy, etc.

I guess it's when you are so used to having something so close (1 to 2 hr drives north or south of me) or readily available (n California, wine, both local and international, is everywhere - huge wine selections at different price points for every budget at my local stores - ) you don't think about it, how rare, or special, it is to have. 

It takes looking through the eyes of another person to look at what that person sees.  I see that making the trip and visiting a Calfornia winery or two or three, etc. sounds like something I should be doing more often - LOL - in 2019 with a visiting Local Guide or two or three, etc. = )

Cheers,

Karen