KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Wine Tasting Adventure in California

Thank you @AIMAN_SAEED

The day was so interesting. You know, a few days ago we had the second edition of the International Wine Meet-up, in my city.

So with @KarenVChin we decided to have a wine tasting (so wanted from my side) to post in the same days.

In replying in both post, my feeling is to jump continuosly from Treviso to San Francisco

Level 9

This publication is very complete and full of sensory images. Thank you for transporting us to those vineyards @KarenVChin@.I toast for friendship and for the good meeting that you and @ErmesT had. I loved the photo of the inclined wine cup

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

You are touching an interesting point @BeatrizAguilar: friendship.

@KarenVChin and myself, we wrote a lot about this. Local Guides Connect is a wonderful place for becoming friends.

Funny thing about our friendship: we started with a bottle of wine.

International Wine Exchange: Local Guides Style, and the link inside the post ( My San Francisco: Being a Local Guide for Another Local Guide) will tell you a bit more about this story

Connect Moderator

@TsekoV, shhhh!, @ErmesT @FaridTDF  and I have a wine bottle swap when we see each other - thanks to Google! (a la Summit attendees). I don't know how they do it by bringing what they bring into the US for me.  This year we drank from my personal collection of vintage wine. 

That's one of the great things about California, we, as in people and businesses, have generous hearts, especially when it comes to environmental and social causes. Not surprised about fundraising methods to help save our planet. Our state is still committed to and following the Paris Climate Agreement.

When we meet someday,  be more than happy to do a wine bottle exchange with you. Never had wine Bulgarian wine before - not sold at any of the stores here.  We have French, Spanish, Italian, Australian, New Zealand, and Chilean that I can think of. 

Good question about what countries import California wines - I found this link from The Wine Institute,  the lobbying, and marketing /PR arm of the California Wine Industry:

The top 10 export markets for California wines are: the European Union’s 28-member countries, accounting for $553 million, Canada, $444 million; Hong Kong, $119 million; Japan, $94 million; China, $79 million; South Korea, $25 million; Mexico, $23 million; Singapore, $17 million; Philippines, $14 million; and Dominican Republic, $13 million.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Here's another wine tasting tip @SP31 - go wine tasting during the week and during offseason.  Less crowded at the wineries and on the roads (aka cheaper room rates). 

Late Summer - Early Fall is a great time to visit Wine Country because it is harvest time and the foliage start to change color.  And it is not so hot too!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Muchas gracias @BeatrizAguilar. Glad you enjoyed reading my post.  @ErmesT and I did have a lot of fun time that day.  It was as perfect a day as it could be.  It is always nice to visit Wine Country with people who have never visited before. I get to see and experience things from their fresh perspectives. 

Cheers,

Karen 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @AIMAN_SAEED. Happy that you enjoyed reading this recap.  What you are doing in your community is wonderful. This was more of a fun, relaxing, exploratory adventure in what one of many different things California is famous for - our wine tasting and wine industry.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@KarenVChin the most important thing is that you show us that there are American wines tested and approved by an Italian who knows quality wines. I'll put on my list for my next visit to California, go to some California vineyard. 

I raise a glass of wine and toast for life and friendship ¡Salud!Red wine Luigi BoscaRed wine Luigi Bosca

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 10

@KarenVChin 

Excellent write-up on Wine tasting adventure in California. It's certainly informative to core.

Thank you,

R S Dev
Level 8

That's great @ErmesT, I like the overall idea of this meetup ^_^