KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Wine Tasting Adventure in California

Thank you for sharing this great post with everyone @KarenVChin. I enjoyed reading it and learnt so much through it.

It looks like California is a very famous place for producing wine and is famous for the great qualities it has. Which are the countries that the wine is most exported to?

Have you ever heard of the Bulgarian wine and more especially of the Thracian wine? In Bulgaria we also have geographically protected grape sorts which have received worldwide recognition. I would be more than happy to share with you one day a bottle or two of our great wines.

I felt amazed by the initiative the winery has with National Geographic to create protected Marine areas to reduce illegal fishing.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@helga19, happy to read you enjoy reading my post.  The bottle of wine that Ermes brought back to Italy was incredible,  We were told there was only 220 cases or 2640 bottles produced for that particular vintage.  You were extremely lucky to try it since not many people can actually get a hold of the bottle!

Cheers,

Karem

Connect Moderator

@SP31, thanks for your kind words.  September and October is harvest time.  So lots of activities.

Iron Horse is tiny compared to Robert Mondavi.  Once you visit a small, mom & pop winery, it is hard to go visit the big wineries. Another good Napa Valley wine area to visit the wineries on the Silverado Trail.   The Trail parallels HWY29.  Not as rushed. more laid back.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, going to a wine cellar will not be difficult at a winery.  One of a winery's side businesses is renting out space for parties and/or weddings.  

2019 - my calendar is marked!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Hello @KarenVChin yes im enjoyed the post...

Google Moderator

Hello @KarenVChin,

This place looks amazing, this will definitely be in my go to list when I got the chance to visit California. Thank you for sharing!  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

I would not try more than one winery in a day, @StephenAbraham

I was very happy, but quite worried about driving, after 11 half glass of wine 🙂

Fortunately we stopped after a few miles, for a late lunch (or maybe an early dinner) in Sonoma.

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin thank for providing more insight - I've always wanted to go during the fall seasons, I've only been in May. I've added Iron Horse and I've said that link because I'd like to see the smaller wineries!

And great follow up @ErmesT - very lovely to hear your perspective and comparisons to your home and the experience you had. Your 360 came out great! But also that's usually my worry in terms of tastings too, not being able to drive so much, but the idea of lunch or enjoying other surrounding places is a good idea. Loving the photos from you both. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Es impresionante el post que compartiste @KarenVChin, las fotos y el detalle del viñedo es muy lindo, me tendría que quedar unos días mas jajaja, la proxima sera.

Farid.

Level 8

Wow, what an amazing recap with such details.

Loved this part the most "Being Google Local Guides, of course, we had to come here and put Iron Horse on Google Maps" 😄 

Keep doing amazing work @KarenVChin and @ErmesT, you guys are seriously my inspiration for how to write good recaps and also come up with super cool initiatives.