JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Will you ever use these new categories?

A StreetView image showing a Ferrari dealershipA StreetView image showing a Ferrari dealershipOn the way to your appointment at the eyebrow bar, a red light starts blinking on the dashboard of your Ferrari (or did you go for the Lamborghini today?), so you need to find a dealership urgently. On the way there you realize that there will probably be some waiting time involved, so you decide to pick up some sushi takeway.

Could that be an accurate description of a day in your life? Then the new categories added to Google Maps bring good news, as they include another set of restaurants (as was also the case on previous occasions), quite a few dealerships of luxurious cars (including Aston Martin, so 007 - the theme of a recent LG meetup in Germany - will also be thrilled) and not to forget: the eyebrow bar.

The complete list:

Alfa Romero dealer
Aston Martin dealer
Bentley dealer
Bugatti dealer
Eyebrow bar
Ferrari dealer
Genesis dealer
Karma dealer
Lamborghini dealer
Maserati dealer
Maybach dealer
McLaren dealer
Mexican torta restaurant
Oaxacan restaurant
Pozole restaurant
Pueblan restaurant
Rolls Royce dealer
Smart Car dealer
Sushi takeaway
Tabascan restaurant
Tesla showroom
Yucatan restaurant

If on the other hand you are planning a trip to a school youth hostel, an airport hotel, a boatel, a castle hotel, a golf resort or an Asian massage therapist, the news is bad: those categories are no longer available.

At the moment of writing this post, the new categories are already showing up if you start typing their name in the Category field of a POI, but (apart from eyebrow bar) they are not yet 'sticking' (the edit is simply not accepted). Based on my past experience, though, this will get fixed in the next few days.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Will you ever use these new categories?

I like these updated on new categories from you @JanVanHaver 

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 8

@JanVanHaver  Great contribution and help on this subject categories. It is very helpful for our contribution to maps and the community. 

LuaPL
Connect Moderator

Update: I was just able to make a category change for a Ferrari dealer, so the new categories seems to be working nicely by now! 

LGs around the globe, go out and suggest those edits!!!

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Namskar..

@JanVanHaver 

Thanks for this update,

Need more categories, I hope for its would be in future..