Hemant4's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Will Google pay for Meet Up?

Hi Google Moderator,

If I am conducting any meet up and spending money on some activities like having coffee with other Local Guide while taking or sharing experiences then will I get paid for it or I have to manage it from my pocket or we should not do anything which required money?

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Will Google pay for Meet Up?

Hi @Hemant4,

Meet-ups organised by Local Guides are unofficial events, and as such they are not sponsored by Google. Whether or not your meet-up requires financial resources, depends solely on the way the event is organised. 

All expenses should be covered by you and the attendees, unless you host a business-sponsored event. In such case, please take the time to read our Guidelines for hosting a sponsored meet-up.

For more information about meet-ups, check out this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up article.

Thanks!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Google Moderator
Solution

Hi @Hemant4,

Meet-ups organised by Local Guides are unofficial events, and as such they are not sponsored by Google. Whether or not your meet-up requires financial resources, depends solely on the way the event is organised. 

All expenses should be covered by you and the attendees, unless you host a business-sponsored event. In such case, please take the time to read our Guidelines for hosting a sponsored meet-up.

For more information about meet-ups, check out this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up article.

Thanks!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Google doesn't fund any meet up.