Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Will Closing A Google Guide Account Delete Content From Google Maps?

@Yohanad@StephanieC@YasuY, and @VicL

Can anyone answer this:

If someone closes their Local Guide account and discontinues their participation
will the CONTENT on Google Maps be removed automatically or revert to "Google User"?

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Will Closing A Google Guide Account Delete Content From Google Maps?

Exiting the Local Guides program will not remove your content from Google Maps, you will only stop receiving the benefits of the program.

If you wish to remove your content from Google, you can access on myaccount.google.com and manage the content and services associated with your account.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Semmy-de-Nada good question, i am also finding its answer

Level 10

I also want to know about this.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Semmy-de-Nada @BishowvijayaP @Anonymous

Please visit local guide 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings?utm_campaign=LGHelpCenter&utm_source=local%20guides&utm_medium=lg_website&utm_term=owned&utm_content=website_native

Exit the programme

If you're no longer interested in being a Local Guide, you can opt out of the programme below.

This won't have any impact on your contributions, however Google will delete your Local Guides profile and the features and data that depend on it.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

What do you mean, @Semmy-de-Nada.

Closing your account here in connect or closing the account in Google?

In the first case you will only exit from the community. There are a lot of LG that are not in connect.

If you close your Google account, of course all the content that are stored in Drive (like your email and your photos) will disappear, so if you have photos loaded in maps, the photos will be deleted. The editing you did in maps will remain, I'm no sure about your review, but we can ask to @GusMoreira

Level 8

I don't think so. It wouldn't really make sense that the places you've added, reviews you've made, would all just disappear, if that's what you're referring to. 

Level 5

This is a great question. I believe if the user provided legitimate info then whatever is put there "should stay regardless of their status. With the exce"ption of their home, work etc... However I am not Google and I don't call those shots it just seems said it would make sense this way.

@Semmy-de-Nada wrote:

@Yohanad@StephanieC@YasuY, and @VicL

Can anyone answer this:

If someone closes their Local Guide account and discontinues their participation
will the CONTENT on Google Maps be removed automatically or revert to "Google User"?

Especially if someone benefited from the points earned for providing the information then there shouldn't be much Choice there.

Jimmy Theurer
Level 10

Actually I wanted to know what will happen to my posts and badges if I exit the connect program. I have no intention to leave but I want to know about this. So I need a concrete answer of my question @NareshDarji bro.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ErmesT thank you very much to guide us in such a detail, waiting for clear the little doubt about reviews

Level 8

Hi @Semmy-de-Nada, check "Exit program" section under "My account" on Local Guide Help. Local Guides is a program & there is no account for it, you've participated in this program using your Google account. So when you leave the program your data will remain as long as your Google account still active. if you would like to delete your data you've to delete each entry from Google maps.

Exit program

You may exit the program on the Local Guides settings page.

Your reviews will not be deleted; however, you will no longer receive Local Guides perks.