ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Wieliczka salt mine - memories of European Meetup '18 - Kraków

o, yes @ErmesT :-))))))))) it's very good tradition! I like it so much!

Connect Moderator

Es un viaje increíble a las entrañas de la Tierra, tantos metros en lo profundo, casi que intimida un poco, pero poder ver lo que realizaron a lo largo de tantos años de esculpirla y crear tantas obras de arte, es un lugar que me gustaría visitar, sería toda una aventura @ErmesT.

Farid.

Connect Moderator

Yes @FaridTDF, the mine is interesting, and you can really see how they was working on the XVI century, for extracting the salt.

BTW, in ther you feel very comfortable. The air is not humid, as the salt is drying the hair, the temperature is perfect (16 - 17 °C) for a long walk, so you don't have any sense of oppression when in there.

Caption: representation of "miners at work" - Local Guide @ermestCaption: representation of "miners at work" - Local Guide @ermest

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, realmente me impresiona esta obra, muy linda las Fotos que compartiste, es un sitio donde que vistaré.

Farid.

Level 9

Beautiful @ErmesT, Thank you for sharing this European meetup memory with us 🙂

Level 1

Very interesting photos. It creates the impression of complete immersion in the environment where the photo was taken.

Level 9

@ErmesT you and other European local guides experienced great moments. This visit will be unforgettable. Thanks for the photos and the description of this particular mine of salt. I have been in a similar mine in Zipaquirá, Colombia. It is also a salt mine but it doesn't look so clear and brithg as Wieliczka's. I took a look at this place on Google Maps and I was fascinated by its floor, so clean and polish; do you know if it's made of salt too?

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

Thank you @BeatrizAguilar

The floor of some part of the mine is made of salt, indeed. Also the statues are made of salt. This is the most fascinating part: the light passing through the statues. It makes everything irreal, is like if everything is living, the light seems to come from the statue itself.

The history of the mine is interesting too. The salt was previously coming from Hungary. The discovery of the first rock of salt changed completely the economy of the area. That's why Princess Kinga is so celebrate and respected. The village and the small castle are interesting too. A lot of history in there

Connect Moderator

Google Moderator

Thanks @ErmesT for this post! As I can see you had a great experience. 

While I was reading your post I just remembered my firs visit to the mine one year ago in Japan - Kazuno city. It was amazing day there. Here you can see some photos. 

Caption: A photo taken in the Kazuno mine, Japan. (Local Guides @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo taken in the Kazuno mine, Japan. (Local Guides @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo taken in the Kazuno mine, Japan. (Local Guides @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo taken in the Kazuno mine, Japan. (Local Guides @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo taken in the Kazuno mine, Japan. (Local Guides @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo taken in the Kazuno mine, Japan. (Local Guides @Ivi_Ge)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!