RashidJorvee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why this post "Introduce yourself" initiated every month??

Why this post "Introduce yourself" initiated every month?? and all users just start replying on that even those who are old user and using this connect from long back? Who wants to know actually and whom?

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Why this post "Introduce yourself" initiated every month??

Hi @RashidJorvee

Introduce ourselves to the community is a way to improve our knowledge of the other members. As the thread is becoming very long, it is restart every month by a Google moderator, that introduce himself to the community.

Ermes 

Level 8

@ErmesT

But everybody start replying on the top of that chain.... can't moderator restrict this only for new members...who are new in this community?

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
Level 10

Hi @RashidJorvee this is used to reduce the amount of self presentation threads on Connect, as the community growth is exponential.

Connect Moderator

Hi @RashidJorvee

I clearly understand what you mean. 

Our community is growing quickly, so the "introduce yourself" thread is becoming long and sometimes difficult to read. Also a lot of replies are useless, but this is part of what happens in every community. I don't think that a limited access is a good idea. I simply hope that the structure of the threads will be improved, for a better reading. 

Let say that this is more than a hope. The structure of Connect is changing, to adhere to the requests of the community, so I think it will be improved soon. 

Ermes 

Level 4

Because, in a lot of developing parts of the world, cheap and reliable internet is a very new thing. Users there tend not to know that Google is not the whole internet, and use it as a search engine, social network and everything else.

Most people in these areas access the internet with Android phones pre-loaded with Google features.