HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Why this Local Guide in Panama loves writing reviews

On Tuesday, we unveiled a big update for Local Guides: 10 levels (up from 5) and different amounts of points for each contribution. We made the changes based on requests from the community to have points better reflect the skill, dedication, and impact of individual Local Guides. In honor of the announcement, we’re featuring stories of passionate contributors all week.  

We’ve learned about adding places with Nkenna Aneke, Wanna Ursiripant’s 9,000 edits, and Paul Pavlinovich’s 36-Photo Walks.

Today, meet @ValentinaCaldito, who loves writing reviews in Panama. Since reviews and ratings now combine to be worth 6 points, she’s jumped to level 8. We spoke to Valentina about her inspirations.

IMG_2423.jpgHow have you been able to write over 500 reviews?

Sometimes I write my reviews on my way to work, at night, in my free time. Anytime it’s perfect to do it! I love writing reviews!

How do you find places to review?

A few different ways. I like to surf the Internet, looking for the new places that open in my city. Or I’ll plan activities with other Local Guides to walk around malls and streets [to find places]. I review every place that I visit.

What inspires you?

My inspiration is to know the world, improve the world map, and help the people that use Google Maps to find places to go.

What makes a great review?

A mix of inspiration and passion. I always write them with sincerity. People like to know if the place has good atmosphere, good customer service. It’s all in details.

What's your best tip for writing reviews?

My best tip is to think that you are the person who needs to find a place to go while writing your review. Thinking about others is the best ways to make it!

Anything else you'd like to share?

I'm so happy and proud to be a Local Guide and to help others with my contributions. Thanks Google Maps for giving me the opportunity to do this!

What do you think makes a great review? Tell us in the comments below.

Thanks for following our mini series of Local Guides Stories.

Note: Interview has been edited for clarity.

48 comments
Level 10

Re: Why this Local Guide in Costa Rica loves writing reviews

Your experience will be the instruction for me to write reviews. Till the date I have made few reviews. Thanks for your effort @ValentinaC. That's really awesome. 🙂

Thanks a lot for sharing the post to us @HelloJess

Level 10

@HelloJess Thanks for sharing this inspirational post. It serves as a motivational factor for all of us. @ValentinaCaldito Thanks for serving as an inspiration to all of us. Your reviews are helping Millions and we are proud of that. Thanks for being a helpful Local Guide for  everyone in your community and beyond also. 

Level 8

Thank de for the post! @HelloJess

But there is a mistake. I'm from Panamá. No from Costa Rica 

thanks 

Valentina Caldito, Local Guide-Panamá,LG SUMMIT Attende
li-image id="128352i6806EC310B635E24" width="26" height="19" alt="panama-flag-clipart-6.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new">
Level 10

I love to write the reviews @ValentinaCaldito .l like your tip to writing reviews  (you think that you are the person who finding the place and you need help.

You inspired us valentina. 

Thank you for share the best story @HelloJess

Former Google Contributor

@ValentinaCaldito Oops, my mistake! Just fixed 🙂 

Level 9

Re: Why this Local Guide in Panama loves writing reviews

Thanks @HelloJess for sharing. Wow a lot of inspiring story is coming in.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 5

Sự đóng góp chân thành. Cảm ơn bạn

Rất vui được làm quen.
Cordially greet
Level 8

Hello @HelloJess

If you can fix the country tag and the country of the introduction.

Still appears Costa Rica. 

Thanks 😘

Valentina Caldito, Local Guide-Panamá,LG SUMMIT Attende
li-image id="128352i6806EC310B635E24" width="26" height="19" alt="panama-flag-clipart-6.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new">
Level 10

@ValentinaCaldito I see your contributions and I see Costa Rica also, maybe you have written the highest reviews in Costa Rica 🙂 so Costa Rica was chosen over Panama 🙂