EhsanD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why number of views of "individual" photos of other contributors is not available on Google Maps?

Hello,

I think this feature was available in past but right now, number of views of "individual" photos of other contributors is not available on Google Maps.

I use @LucioV's contributions as an example:

Right now (April 29th 2017) he's got a total number of about 20 millions photo views for all his 2,182 submitted photos:Lucio Virzi.JPG

But the statistics is not available for individual photos like it is available for my own submitted photos when I look at them on Google Maps photos tab:PhotoViewsExample.JPG

As I said, I think, in past, the statistics was also available when looking at other people's submitted photos.

Is this similar case for other members as well?

If so, I would like to know why this statistics is not available for viewers?

Because interestingly, the option of sorting photos based on number of views is working while the "numbers" are not visible:LucioV photos sorted based on Views.JPG

15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Why number of views of "individual" photos of other contributors is not available on G

@LucioV @EhsanD @PittsburghJon @ShafiulB Some features are not available in the app when they are available on a computer and vice versa. I can't speak to the exact reason why but I recommend sharing your thoughts about what you'd like to see or not see under "Feedback & Feature Requests" here on Connect so we can pass it along to the Google Maps team as well as sharing in Google Maps directly in the app or on desktop, too.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Why number of views of "individual" photos of other contributors is not available on G

@EhsanD Hi! 

I think this feature is Disabled for others, Only we can see our own Photos view right now!

It seems due to user privacy Because I have seem Before in a post other local guides Didn't want to show their view counts on public. 

Level 8

@ShafiulB wrote:

@EhsanD Hi! 

I think this feature is Disabled for others, Only we can see our own Photos view right now!

It seems due to user privacy Because I have seem Before in a post other local guides Didn't want to show their view counts on public. 

@ShafiulB, really? This is the case?

Why? We still can see the total views and also we can sort the photos based on views.

I learnt today that "Privacy" has a broad meaning!

Level 10

Level 10

Correto amigo.

Esse recurso de visualização por fotos está disponível apenas para o Guia Local dentro de sua conta.

As outras pessoas conseguem visualizar somente o TOTAL de fotos e visualizações.

Porém, é possível que uma pessoa qualquer, escolha entre visualizar as fotos por data ou por visualização, mas o número de visualizações NÃO APARECEM.

Level 8

May somebody please explain to me the relationship between number of photo views of individual photos and privacy?

Level 10

@EhsanD wrote:

May somebody please explain to me the relationship between number of photo views of individual photos and privacy?

I really don't know. I suppose that it's to avoid speculation about huge number of views for bad photos.

Level 10

Realmente pode ser também. Pois existem muitas fotos ruins com muitas visualizações. Mas isso também pode ser explicado pois alguns locais são de interesse público e acabam sendo mostradas muitas vezes. 😉

Level 8

Level 10

@EhsanD wrote:

@LucioV & @Belcrei-LG-Pró & @ShafiulB

So it's not basically "privacy"?!

It's technically a privacy topic imho.

Maybe i would not have to share the information that some awful photos got dozillion of views, due to some local seo trick.

It's just a point of view 😉