KinC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Why my contribution to the Chinese name of a Calgary church was not successful?

My attempts to contribute the Chinese name of a local Calgary church, Calgary Chinese Pentecostal Church (ccpc.ab.ca) was either denied (Google Map Maker), or 'not applied' (Google Maps). I don't understand because the Chinese name is obviously on the website, and also the street view. I can contribute other Chinese names to the other Chinese businesses or non-profit organizations just using Google Maps. The inconsistency of checking makes me frustrated and discouraged in help improving the Map data. Anyone can help?

Calgary, AB, Canada
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Why my contribution to the Chinese name of a Calgary church was not successful?

Level 5

Re: Why my contribution to the Chinese name of a Calgary church was not successful?

Yes, I agree. Language is not a problem for the application. But I'm just curious about the checking/verification process, both to my attempt through Map Maker and Maps. The responses were so prompt to reject my contribution attempts. But any checker who understand Chinese and is willing to take a look at the website, or streetview will get the proof. It seems simple to me. But I would love to learn/know anything in the checking process I may not know. 😃