Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Why my Points decreased ?

Hi friends 

don't understand why it happen?

if it happens again i decided not to contribute anything for Google Maps. from long years onwards i contribute a lot. 

upto now they don't provide anything for me. now they decreasing my points also.

so, what's the need to contribute our valuable time for this Google Maps

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.07.49 PM.png

at the same time i don't understand, for whom we need to ask regarding this problem

please some one answer for my problem

have a good day friends

HARSHA

harsha the creator
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
27 comments
Level 10

Re: Why my Points decreased ?

I have the same problem. I lost 1200 point and any further interest to contribute.

Local Guides team, please explain what's going on??

@Harshav wrote:

Hi friends 

if it happens again i decided not to contribute anything for Google Maps. from long years onwards i contribute a lot. 

upto now they don't provide anything for me. now they decreasing my points also.

at the same time i don't understand, for whom we need to ask regarding this problem

have a good day friends

HARSHA

Level 8

It has happened to me too and I lost 50% of my points. There are many messages from several people, all reporting the same problem.We will have to wait for an official announcement (if any...) and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Level 9

hi i have the same problem i lost over 400 points? today i was posting new pictures after that i got a message please get a local guide? stanges i,am already a local guide with 3900 point but after the message i lost more than 400 points? if someone knows what to do? please help.....thanks marcus

@Harshav wrote:

Hi friends 

have a good day friends

HARSHA

Level 9

Dear marcusd,

thanks for your reply

congratulation for  that you earned 3900 point

may i know which benefits you get from google maps regarding those points?

thanks a lot

have a good day

HARSHA

harsha the creator
Level 8

Yes, I also noticed today how my points decreased. Tonight I only have half of the points I had when I looked this morning. Plus I decreased one Guide Level as well. I hope google will fix this error soon!

Level 8

How long does Google need to acknowledge the problem and issue an official announcement? This is the least I would expect from a company that cares for the thousands of volunteers who participate in the ambitious LG program...

Level 9

Dear Yanniss,

You are right 

At least they need to acknowledge us.

We are participating a lot.

Thanks 

Harsha 

@YannisS wrote:

How long does Google need to acknowledge the problem and issue an official announcement? This is the least I would expect from a company that cares for the thousands of volunteers who participate in the ambitious LG program...

harsha the creator
Level 9

yes nobody knows......we must be lucky if they find the problem, yes we do a lot of work (hobby) and all free

Level 5

I have this same issue. My points decreased from ~600  to 266.

Now I have 0 added new places! it is impossible. Also Edited places - 0 .

😕