Lynton's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

No ratings on my local guide stats

I have submitted 33 reviews and 33 ratings , but my stats as local guide level 5 show zero ratings. Why?

Level 10

Re: No ratings on my local guide stats

Hello @CosmicCowboy,

When you give a star rating to a listing, that will mark as one rating and will give one point. But if you also decide to write up a review along with that rating, the whole thing will be considered as a review and along with the five points for the written review include the one from the star rating.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 14.02.23.png

I do have to admit however, I would like to see the ratings clock up also in numbers rather than being scooped up by the reviews. Seeing a zero amidst all the other numbers feels quite empty. In the current iteration of Google Maps, it's possible to give ratings to businesses without writing a review, but the opposite is not applicable. Not sure why people would only review a place and not be able to give a numerical rating as an indicator of such.

Since this is your first post, I'd like to welcome you here to Local Guides Connect. Feel free to look around, introduce yourself in this month's thread and participate in some discussions.

Hope that helps!

Level 8

Re: Difference in Reviews vs Ratings

I had the same question as Warjat. And now that I know the answer, I am really surprised that the way ratings are listed isn't clearer. Why wouldn't Google call this item something else instead of just "Ratings" -- like, for instance, "Unreviewed Ratings" or "Ratings without Reviews"? 

Level 7

Re: I have 0 ratings, I rate everything.

I beg to differ sir 🧐 some devices (cough) Motorola (cough) are unaware of this apk integration systems because I definitely do these things and wellThe proof is in the puddingThe proof is in the pudding

Level 7

Re: I have 0 ratings, I rate everything.

Sorry for the crotch shot i just didn’t want to stand up 😭forgive meeeee

Level 6

Why dont I have a count for my ratings

After posting a review and rating, i get a notice that i got 6 points. However, under contrubutions tally; after 157 reviews, i still have 0 ratings.

Level 9

Re: Why dont I have a count for my ratings

@BeneGarcia wrote:

After posting a review and rating, i get a notice that i got 6 points. However, under contrubutions tally; after 157 reviews, i still have 0 ratings.

Hi @BeneGarcia,

Ratings are counted when you don't complete a full review. So if you have ratings, and later you add a review, the count will decrease, being included in points for reviews. And eventually will lower to zero.

Need not to be worry about that.

For every review, you have to give a rating before it gets posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number reviews, and points are awarded accordingly (5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points.). The number of ratings you see on your contributions profile is the number of ratings you gave without reviews.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Why dont I have points for my ratings

Help me guys !

Question :- Why don't I have points for my ratings ?

I am always put my rating points but its not showing or not calculate in my score.

Level 10

Re: Why dont I have points for my ratings

Hi @Udaysapkal,

No worries, it always takes time for the point to be updated.

You should wait between 24-48 hours.

Hope it helps.

Have fun contributing!

Jul

Level 9

Re: Why dont I have points for my ratings

Udaysapkal wrote:

Help me guys !

Question :- Why don't I have points for my ratings ?

I am always put my rating points but its not showing or not calculate in my score.

@Udaysapkal- Would you mind to share screenshot of your contribution page? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.