WillHarrison's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why does my public profile show less photos than my contribute page?

I currently have 707 photos and 93 reviews uploaded on my profile but when I look at my public profile on my wife's phone, it only shows 608 photos and 91 reviews uploaded (See Photos Below). Anyone know why there would be a discrepancy here? I have looked on other people's phones and the numbers are different there too, so I am trying to understand why? The points total is the same across the board though.

Screenshots [Redacted]

Thanks and happy contributing!!

Will

17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Why does my public profile show less photos than my contribute page?

Hello @WillHarrison,

Welcome to Connect!

Thanks for reaching out. You can check if all of your photos are made public. If some of them are marked as private they cannot be visible.

As @StephenAbraham mentioned, the reviews that don't follow the program policies are marked private as well. 

I hope that you will find this information useful!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

@WillHarrison Google uses a variety of information, some automated and some manual, to determine if a review or photo follows the Maps user contributed content policies. Reviews that don't follow the policies are marked private; reviews are not deleted however. When this happens, it won't be shown publicly.

The other link to that could be useful will the the Local Guides program rules

Level 6

It needs some time to refresh 

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @WillHarrison,

Welcome to Connect!

Thanks for reaching out. You can check if all of your photos are made public. If some of them are marked as private they cannot be visible.

As @StephenAbraham mentioned, the reviews that don't follow the program policies are marked private as well. 

I hope that you will find this information useful!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks everyone for the replies and for the warm welcomes to Connect!  I will check to see what photos made it public. I realized too that the 707 photos I had posted also included video count (see below). 

@StephenAbraham@Ivi_Ge

Capture.PNG

Level 8

@Ivi_Ge @WillHarrison @StephenAbraham Why there is difference in points in local guide preference page and Google maps app. And the differe is increasing every time I upload something.

Photo [ Redacted ]

Google Moderator

Hello @somaniakshay5, thank you for reaching out to us. 

Please bear in mind, that sometimes it takes time for the points to be updated and synchronized. I removed the screenshots from your post, because there is a private information on them.  We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

Level 8

Thanks for replying @Ivi_Ge . It has been 2 days and it is not updated yet. And I also observed this before also and I thought there is some technical defect and it will updated but it is not.

Google Moderator

Hello @somaniakshay5, thank you for flagging this. We are going to investigate it internally and when we have more information, we will contact you again.  

Level 8

Thanks for replying @Ivi_Ge . Please let me know as soon as possible.