Kiera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Why do you love being a Local Guide?

Caption: An image of a group of Local Guides laughing at Connect Live 2018.Caption: An image of a group of Local Guides laughing at Connect Live 2018.From sharing road trips to exploring places through photography, Local Guides are passionate about helping others. I had the chance to speak with many of them during Connect Live 2018 and learn more about why they love to contribute on Google Maps.

Here are what a few of them told me during #localguidesconnect:

Caption: An image of Local Guide Naomi next to a quote that says, “I love sharing what I find on my travels to Google Maps. I want to help people discover new places.”Caption: An image of Local Guide Naomi next to a quote that says, “I love sharing what I find on my travels to Google Maps. I want to help people discover new places.”

Caption: An image of Local Guide Muhamed next to a quote that says, “I've had my most beautiful moments while being a Local Guide. I will continue to be one for the rest of my life.”Caption: An image of Local Guide Muhamed next to a quote that says, “I've had my most beautiful moments while being a Local Guide. I will continue to be one for the rest of my life.”

Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Suzanne next to a quote that says, “I use Local Guides to do good in the community. Being able to help people and expose lesser known places is rewarding.”Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Suzanne next to a quote that says, “I use Local Guides to do good in the community. Being able to help people and expose lesser known places is rewarding.”

Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Lattoria next to a quote that says, “I don't want other to be lost. I want them to see what I see.”Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Lattoria next to a quote that says, “I don't want other to be lost. I want them to see what I see.”

Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Arun next to a quote that says, “My most important objective is to present a true picture of a location.”Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Arun next to a quote that says, “My most important objective is to present a true picture of a location.”

Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Ildiko next to a quote that says, “Accessibility is very important to me. Focusing on the little details at a place help tell the bigger story.”Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Ildiko next to a quote that says, “Accessibility is very important to me. Focusing on the little details at a place help tell the bigger story.”

Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Osca next to a quote that says, “My city is so big, and there are many attractions. I wanted to make it more accessible for everyone by sharing my favorite places.”Caption: An image that includes a photo of Local Guide Osca next to a quote that says, “My city is so big, and there are many attractions. I wanted to make it more accessible for everyone by sharing my favorite places.”

Why do you love being a Local Guide? Tell us in the comments below! 

65 comments
Level 10

Re: Why do you love being a Local Guide?

Thanks @Kiera for adding me into it!!

Level 10

Thank you @Kiera for sharing this great post to us. 

Level 10

Every local Guide has different reason of being a local Guide. 

Out of which the most common is to help the society through thier Contribution. 

Connect Moderator

Was such a pleasure meeting, getting to know, and sharing amazing ideas with all of those smiling faces - that very reason is why I love being a Local Guide. It's great connecting with others such as the Guides featured here about what we're passionate about - helping people around the world through our contributions.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

I love to edit places those who are adding wrong places ,I want to correct those locations... Thank you @Kiera sharing a nice post...

Level 8

I love to inspire people to travel as it's one of the most incredible feelings in the world. I hope to do so with my reviews. Also, I love to share information. What better way to do it than by sharing reviews?!

Level 7

porque me da la oportunidad de expresar mi sentimiento a traves de la fotografia y dar a conocer una de las ciudades mas bonitas de México que es QUERETARO una ciudad con mucha historia y  ademas de ayudar a personas que lo soliciten sera un honor AYUDAR gracias x darnos la oportunidad de hacer un mundo mejor LO NECESITAMOS

Level 8

Hi @Kiera Thank you for this great post. I love doing reviews on local area places and on tourist attraction place so I can help visitors to my country but I think my favourite thing is helping people in a personal way, I live near the 2 largest hospitals in my country and regularly get asked questions, for example a person asked me how much does parking cost as the person had to visit all day everyday their sick Mother, the parking can cost 20 euro a day so I tell them where to get free parking close by I also get questions about best  places to stay  near the hospitals,  cheap places to eat, visiting hours and many more questions. As both my parents passed away in one hospital and my son was a long time I'll in the other hospital, it makes me feel good that by being a Local Guide, that I can help other people at what can be a very difficult time in their lives

Level 6

Gives me a chance to keep people updated and informed in my community that is growing.  Love promoting the everyday efforts of others that take pride in their jobs.