Cr0wnjules's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Why can't I redeem Play Music reward?

A couple of days ago, I received an email from GLG saying if I got to level 4 I could get Play Music for 3 months as a reward. Since then I've advanced to Level 5, but when I click the big "Redeem" button in the email it just sends me to the Local Guides home page. Whats up with that?

I love the idea of getting perks for basically doing Google's job for them, but if they aren't going to pay out then whats the point of advancing your levels until there's a fix. I know its in beta but come on. Anyone else have the same problem?

New York, NY, United States
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Why can't I redeem Play Music reward?

@Cr0wnjules wrote:

A couple of days ago, I received an email from GLG saying if I got to level 4 I could get Play Music for 3 months as a reward. Since then I've advanced to Level 5, but when I click the big "Redeem" button in the email it just sends me to the Local Guides home page. Whats up with that?

I love the idea of getting perks for basically doing Google's job for them, but if they aren't going to pay out then whats the point of advancing your levels until there's a fix. I know its in beta but come on. Anyone else have the same problem?

Hey @Cr0wnjules, @explorequotes, @shafiknoor ,

As far as I understand you are clicking in your mailbox for this perk but I reckon you to plz open the link mention below, click on the perk at top right corner. I'm sure it will work if you're under terms and conditions, 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Note: This perk is only available to new customers who are not current Google Play Music subscribers, and have not been Google Play Music subscribers or participated in a Google Play Music trial in the past 12 months. Existing and recent Google Play subscribers in eligible countries are eligible for 75% off a movie rental. Read below for more information.

For more plz refer to the link mention below, 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level...

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 3

Me too facing the same issue. Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Level 6

I think it's only 30 day trial.

Web Master,
Explore Quotes
Level 9
Solution

@Cr0wnjules wrote:

Hey @Cr0wnjules, @explorequotes, @shafiknoor ,

As far as I understand you are clicking in your mailbox for this perk but I reckon you to plz open the link mention below, click on the perk at top right corner. I'm sure it will work if you're under terms and conditions, 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Note: This perk is only available to new customers who are not current Google Play Music subscribers, and have not been Google Play Music subscribers or participated in a Google Play Music trial in the past 12 months. Existing and recent Google Play subscribers in eligible countries are eligible for 75% off a movie rental. Read below for more information.

For more plz refer to the link mention below, 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level...

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 4

I'm having the same issue and I just want to make it very clear that I went through the entirety of their terms and policies and it says absolutely nowhere within those terms or policies that you cannot redeem a music reward if you have previously paid for Google Play music. I've been paying for Google Play music for a long time and it's way overpriced for one thing, so I was ecstatic when I got my 3 months for free also. But then I find out that even though I've been paying Google and I'm helping them out by doing these reviews and everything you are not eligible for the music reward which is total **####**ing bull**####**. I just think everyone should make sure they mention to Google that it doesn't say anywhere in their terms are policies that you cannot redeem that reward if you have previously paid for Google Play Music.

Level 8

I have some problems, received mail with redeem link, but no redeem coupon or code, tried above link to local guides home page right corner, not showing any perk details, now I am 7th level, i am also achieved the criteria in certain time slot before 31st August, received mail about eligible, but not received any code yet, what can i do 

Regards 

SANTO SIMON