Dmcbh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Why am I a Google Guide?

I became a guide in the same way most people did; I visited a place and Google asked me to review it. When I could have just ignored it I decided to go ahead and leave a review because I thought it might be helpful for other people. After doing this a few times I realized that it became addicting. I wanted to have some legitimacy to my reviews so that if I ever did come across a place that required a less pleasant review or a glowing one people might actually take it seriously since I had proven that my reviews were not a joke or a throw away. The more reviews I made the more I enjoyed it and realized that my work might actually be helping others. When I got the notification that one of my pictures had over 20,000 views I realized that I actually was making a difference. I don't feel like many people leave reviews in my area, and as a consumer who takes reviews into account when visiting places I feel like is important to contribute. I don't want to waste my time or anybody else's, especially as a mother who totes two children around everywhere; time is valuable. I enjoy being a Google Guide and I can only hope that I am helping others.

Cincinnati, OH, USA
3 comments
Level 6

Re: Why am I a Google Guide?

Hi @Dmcbh ,thank you for sharing about yourself. Was very interesting.

Level 6

@Dmcbh Hello there, this was a total accident that I found you on here!! I am so excited to welcome you to this community!  Not only is it important and helpful to others, it is valued with in our community. Lets come together as guides and support each other on this journey. Hometown Cincinnati girl style! Welcome 🙂

Level 7

I started posting photos to google maps because my then GF (now wife) showed me her google photos had over 1m views.   She had never mentioned uploading photos before that - because she didn't want me to start doing it and pass her up!  ha.  I think I beat her to 2m views.  Currently sitting on 11m views.  No idea what she is up to.  But we both still add photos. Sometimes we playfully fight about the right to take venue photos or will try and take a photo w/o the other noticing and taking photos... ha.  Good fun.  Going to break 1,000 photos uploaded today!