WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Why am Deleting my Google Drive Files

I was among the Local Guides who received the 1TB Google drive. I have been notified that the promotion will end in a few days and this will affect all the google related services including my E-Mails if i don't upgrade.  I had not planned to be paying for my drive storage, therefore am deleting most of the files i had stored till the space is below 15GB am really disjointed.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Why am Deleting my Google Drive Files

Hi @WaweruM

With the end of the free storage promotions, one of the most common question in Connect is: How can I use my space in Google drive?

Of course, with a quick search you will find all the answer, but for an easy reference I will try to summarize in here the most common questions.

The biggest mistake that I did, when I got the free storage, was to save a copy of all my photos in Google Drive. Loading photos in Drive is using your storage space

With a correct setting, you will be able to store:

• Photos, in Google Photos, at High Quality (16MP), for free (unlimited storage)
  • Videos, in Google Photos, at High Definitions (1080P), for free (unlimited storage)

This is the storage I'm actually using:

Total storage.JPG

Most of the space is used for documents that I have in Drive. As you can see from the details, I am not using space for photos

storage details.JPG

And I have more than 10000 files (photos and videos) stored (the screenshot is old)

foto totali.JPG

So, don't worry about space for photos in Google Maps. Make the correct setting, and you will have no problem in storage due to Google Maps or Youtube videos

For more information, here are the links to the help pages:

1. How Google Photos works with Google Drive
  2. Check your Drive storage
  3. Info about upload size
  4. Clear Google Drive space & increase storage
  5. Google photos setting

Hope this can help you

Happy Mapping

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @WaweruM

With the end of the free storage promotions, one of the most common question in Connect is: How can I use my space in Google drive?

Of course, with a quick search you will find all the answer, but for an easy reference I will try to summarize in here the most common questions.

The biggest mistake that I did, when I got the free storage, was to save a copy of all my photos in Google Drive. Loading photos in Drive is using your storage space

With a correct setting, you will be able to store:

• Photos, in Google Photos, at High Quality (16MP), for free (unlimited storage)
  • Videos, in Google Photos, at High Definitions (1080P), for free (unlimited storage)

This is the storage I'm actually using:

Total storage.JPG

Most of the space is used for documents that I have in Drive. As you can see from the details, I am not using space for photos

storage details.JPG

And I have more than 10000 files (photos and videos) stored (the screenshot is old)

foto totali.JPG

So, don't worry about space for photos in Google Maps. Make the correct setting, and you will have no problem in storage due to Google Maps or Youtube videos

For more information, here are the links to the help pages:

1. How Google Photos works with Google Drive
  2. Check your Drive storage
  3. Info about upload size
  4. Clear Google Drive space & increase storage
  5. Google photos setting

Hope this can help you

Happy Mapping

Ermes

Level 10

wow! Thank you @ErmesT for the information, let me transfer and enable the google photos settings

Connect Moderator