AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Why Local Guides are mapping public toilets in Delhi

public-restrooms-email (1).png

Where do you go when you need to go? The world is full of interesting toilets, and most of us are fortunate enough to have access to one type or another. But 2.3 billion people have no way to use sanitary facilities, according to the World Health Organization. That’s a serious public health concern, since poor sanitation can cause diseases to spread.

In India, this is the motivation for Swachh Bharat Mission, a nationwide movement that aims to clean up the country in honor of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday in 2019. (Gandhi was a famous advocate for cleanliness. “Sanitation is more important than political independence,” he once said.) The goal is to build more than 12 million toilets across India.

Google wants to help by making it easier for everyone to find a place to go. And if you’re a Local Guide in Delhi NCR, you can join the mission. Just search “public toilet” on Google Maps, then rate and review toilets near you. If you know of one that’s not listed, add it.

Delhi, India
115 comments
Level 8

Re: Why Local Guides are mapping public toilets in Delhi

@AradhanaB Can we do that in Uttar Pradesh as well?

With love,
Prakhar Sahu
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree with you

Level 10

@AradhanaB this is a great initiative. We'll start marking them in our respective cities.

Level 8

Thank you for the post, @AradhanaB!

The world is huge and each person / place always has pressing issues that people in other part of the world just cannot imagine.

Through Maps, we can help and we can get help!

Former Google Contributor

@PrakharSahu You definitely can rate and review public toilets in UP. If you can't find them on Google Maps, make sure to add it. 

Level 8

Surely would do that, thanks for the reply. 🙂

With love,
Prakhar Sahu
Connect Moderator

Hello @AradhanaB thanks for sharing.

I've marked all public toilets on Google maps in my City Gandhinagar. It's very useful to visitors and tourist to easily find on maps.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

This is good for local and tourists @NareshDarji 😊👍

Thank you @AradhanaB 😊

Level 8

Hii @AradhanaB

Thanks for sharing the information.

It will be really helpful for Everyone.