SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Why I'm a Local Guide.

Hello everyone!! 

I'm Sarah, from Belo Horizonte/MG, Brazil and I'm a Local Guide level 8.

Me =)Me 😃

My city: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, BrasilMy city: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil

Here is my city in Brasil <3Here is my city in Brasil ❤️

It's very interesting when I read about myself in my first post here on Connect. Because in one year I made so many friends, learn a lot and opened my mind more and more for something amazing: Local Guides ❤️ 

I'm still loving to exchange culture, knowledge, discover new places and post about food! On Google Maps I always trying to find some new place to add or delete if  it is not active anymore. My friends know that I'm a Local Guide (some of them became a Local Guide because of me, hehe) and we are always trying find new places to eat.

I really like to contribute because I believe in this program and in all these people who spend their precious time helping others and trying to make Google Maps a place really useful. It's so important read about places, specially when you're travelling. Also I love travelling and is amazing read and see the views from real locals. But a special thing that really makes me proud is how I became more observant person after start posting on Maps, because before I didn't realize if places had an entrance and restrooms for people in wheelchairs, for example. Now is one of my priorities to check it when I'm going to the places. Can help people in simple ways but efficiently is so amazing and this became me in a better person.

Other day some girl searched me on Facebook to ask more things about a place, if I really like it and how good it was.  She told me that saw my review on Maps and decide ask me in personal to know some specific details. In other situation, the company searched me on Instagram to say thanks to posted so many good photos and my review  about their Coworking place.

I organized some meetups and my first one was the most special for me for two reasons:

1) It was my first;

2) I imagine a museum to go, but was so much more than that. We discover a lot of events in Belo Horizonte that day and was an incredible day.

(Is possible see my recap here.)

Besides that, I did a talk on GDG DevFest Belo Horizonte in Nov./2017. My subject was 'Global integration and interaction being a Local Guide on Google Maps' ( in portuguese: "Interação e integração mundial sendo uma Local Guide no Google Maps"). I spoke about Maps, Connect and HO.  Furthermore I said how paradoxical is our experience in these program, because we normally do everything 'alone', from our individual phones, but we share to entire world, thus helping everyone who wants know about some place. And I finished talking how amazing is keep in touch with people around the world.  

IMG_20171118_205213_820.jpg

gdg.jpg

foto-82.jpg

I also always try make some contact with these Local Guides around the globe and we have some conversations here and on HO. And everytime that someone tag me on post about some brazilian, I like to start some conversation, ask if they need some help or have any doubts. 

Here is an example: Alejandra from Spain, Bishowvijaya from Nepal, Justine from Australia, Osama from Jordan, Salmaan from India and meHere is an example: Alejandra from Spain, Bishowvijaya from Nepal, Justine from Australia, Osama from Jordan, Salmaan from India and me

And here is my Maps numbers:

31562095_10216101495231436_7849998498123481088_n (1).png

I also started to help on Google Maps portuguese Forum answering questions about Maps and Local Guides. 

Oh! And I almost forgot. I did a Facebook fanpage to Local Guides Belo Horizonte (BH). You can see clicking here.

Because all of that I'm proud to be a Local Guide. That's why I love to be a Local Guide and I hope belong of this team for a long time.

19 comments
Level 10

Re: Why I'm a Local Guide.

Hi @SarahKa

You are looking good in all your photos,

I can see, your experience in several platforms, especially in Google platforms, thanks for be with us

Best wishes for your application

Hope to see you somewhere

Have a nice day

Level 8

Hi Sarah @SarahKa

Looking super good. Best wishes and good luck.

Cheers

Level 10

Such a well arranged post @SarahKa. 🙂

This is just a reflection of your local guide life. I always found you supportive and cooperative in local guide connect and in HO conversation as well. Your presence has furnished to maintain the holistic presence of local guides on connect around the globe. Wish you a happy local guide journey ahead.

Also wish you all the best for application. Hope to meet you in person 😃

Level 9

Level 9

Thanks @BishowvijayaP ! I really love to be part of this and meet you all (online or not) is a big quality of all of it. 

I hope this as well.

Level 10

@SarahKa Nice post and beautiful photos.... 

Level 7

You are amazing! Feel inspired after reading your story.

Connect Moderator

I enjoyed reading your Local Guide year-in-review @SarahKa! So much has happened to you just because you are a Local Guide.

Wishing you much luck in your Connect Live application. Hope you get to go two years in a role!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@SarahKa Lets make a jump again.

u remember after reached in hotel my first huge with you. ha ha ha

Proud to be a Local Guide.